vendor script enquiry

Odetten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello I need some advice. A vendor to give T Shirts out is built. I am looking for advice at the possibility of the vendor script identifying the avatar body make so that it can issue the correct model and not flood the vendee with unwanted clothes.

The closest I have got is OBJECT_BODY_SHAPE_TYPE used with llGetObjectDetails  this only sees the shape i think but not the maker i.e. Maitreya Bellisa etc.

It is perhapos not possible but it would be nice to try.

Many thanks for any ideas xx

A body is always an attachment, so you can use llGetAttachedList to obtain a list of attachment uuid’s. For each uuid you can obtain its attachment name via llKey2Name. Then you can try to match the attachment name with the names of the relevant bodytypes to find the worn body type.

oui thank you, I did produce the worn list and yes also a good point about buying for a different body I hadent considered this

So far the rack can be selected and an item on a hanger given, the avi can then try it on but of course it does need to fir them. More work needed but thank you so far.

O x

at the risk of straying a bit off topic, I have seen not a few creators going to vendors that are setup by body. It's a little extra work on your part, but then the customer then just pays the specific vendor for the body they want and you don't need to do any extra work trying to figure out what they have one at the time. This would probably be the best solution for you based on your stated idea.  For more information on that you might ask about best practices and systems in the merchants forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Salyx said:

at the risk of straying a bit off topic, I have seen not a few creators going to vendors that are setup by body. It's a little extra work on your part, but then the customer then just pays the specific vendor for the body they want and you don't need to do any extra work trying to figure out what they have one at the time. This would probably be the best solution for you based on your stated idea.  For more information on that you might ask about best practices and systems in the merchants forum.

I do prefer buying by body type.  A lot are doing sales of fatpacks.only but by body type.  

• Thanks 1

my thanks, no it is not off topic, any comments or ideas are welcome.  The build of the vedor is a curcular rack wuth all the different designs hanging on it like in an rl shop. Ths works. So if a customer decides which design, this then becomes my next stp to have the rack pass the  correct item for the correct avi.

It may be that the silution will be a body type rack for each and then this problem is resolved but I love a challenge.

Merci to all xx

12 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I do prefer buying by body type.  A lot are doing sales of fatpacks.only but by body type.  

(also at the risk of going off topic...) It used to be things were done by color and getting versions for each body included was a given. In my naive non-merchant understanding, don't color fatpacks make more sense? I'd presume there are more people who like different colors than people who use two or more different bodies on the regular.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.