MakeGLTF for Linux (based on GLTF Packer)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I wanted a Linux version of the excellent GLTF Packer by @Extrude Ragu to create materials for PBR as I don't run Windows.  So I created one and it's called MakeGLTF.  It is based on the source code published for GLTF Packer in the sense that I learned how GLTF Packer works and made the UI look and feel similar but MakeGLTF has been written entirely from scratch with a completely different toolkit (Avalonia) using that knowledge.  It uses the same MIT License as GLTF Packer and comes with all sources for others to build on.

It is hosted on GitHub with full instructions and should be accessible to anyone.

MakeGLTF (GitHub)

I hope it is useful to people and my thanks go to @Extrude Ragu for their generosity in making GLTF Packer available to learn from in the first place.

MakeGLTFVertical.thumb.png.263e5e1ce0b4c34d8a90908af67209b2.png

MakeGLTFGrid.png.31caf60a0662c2b64bf1ece564420d19.pngMakeGLTFHorizontal.thumb.png.9e8765afe82223d1e888de75fc6f8924.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've just pushed an update that provides a Windows build of MakeGLTF as well.  I hope this is OK, it was due to a request and only needed one minor modification to make it once I gained access to a Windows machine as the Avalonia toolkit is cross-platform.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.