Soft Thighs question! The BOM noob asking again xD

GrasielaQerimi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I wanna buy the Soft Thigh mod by MAZE, but like I say in the title I am no BOM expert .. in fact can't get the hang of it so I don't want to waste money on stuff that I cannot work with. When I try the demo on it makes those parts of my thights red... my question is .. is that just because it's demo or will it stay like that even if I buy it cause it may need some BOM version of the skin I have or something? Cause for example I use MILA skin appliers, I haven't bought a BOM one. Pls help if you can, at least those of you who have these thighs already, much appreciated if so, thanks!

image.png

4 minutes ago, GrasielaQerimi said:

So I wanna buy the Soft Thigh mod by MAZE, but like I say in the title I am no BOM expert .. in fact can't get the hang of it so I don't want to waste money on stuff that I cannot work with. When I try the demo on it makes those parts of my thights red... my question is .. is that just because it's demo or will it stay like that even if I buy it cause it may need some BOM version of the skin I have or something? Cause for example I use MILA skin appliers, I haven't bought a BOM one. Pls help if you can, at least those of you who have these thighs already, much appreciated if so, thanks!

image.png

The maze.thighs themselves are.BOM so they automatically use the BOM texture of your skin.  Since you're using an applier skin and a body alpha, that turns the thighs red.  As far as I know, Maze doesn't have applier capability so if you want to use them, you'll have.to use a BOM body skin.  Mila's are.lovely, too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The maze.thighs themselves are.BOM so they automatically use the BOM texture of your skin.  Since you're using an applier skin and a body alpha, that turns the thighs red.  As far as I know, Maze doesn't have applier capability so if you want to use them, you'll have.to use a BOM body skin.  Mila's are.lovely, too.

so if I use a BOM body skin then that will let me try anything else that is BOM? like tattoos n stuff?

Just now, GrasielaQerimi said:

so if I use a BOM body skin then that will let me try anything else that is BOM? like tattoos n stuff?

Exactly!  Old style tattoos from.2009 will.even work.if your body is switched to BOM.  Old clothing that was system layer even.

Btw, Mila has an old set of skins for free if you want to try the BOM.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MILA-Older-body-skins-for-FREE/14650538

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Exactly!  Old style tattoos from.2009 will.even work.if your body is switched to BOM.  Old clothing that was system layer even.

Btw, Mila has an old set of skins for free if you want to try the BOM.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MILA-Older-body-skins-for-FREE/14650538

Oh I already have this pack but it seems there's no BOM layers for legacy here. I will buy the new one and hopefully I will work this whole BOM story thing out lol. Thanks a lot for your help ♥

57 minutes ago, GrasielaQerimi said:

Oh I already have this pack but it seems there's no BOM layers for legacy here. I will buy the new one and hopefully I will work this whole BOM story thing out lol. Thanks a lot for your help ♥

The old pack has universal BOM body skins.  Those that were used before mesh bodies which is why the toe area is slightly off.  System bodies having flipper feet without defined toes.  Appliers were the old.way of applying skins to mesh bodies.  BOM is pretty much the standard now.  The only exception would be applier makeup on mesh heads.  There's a lot of applier lipstick and eyeshadow still being sold.

If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2024 at 2:40 AM, Rowan Amore said:

The old pack has universal BOM body skins.  Those that were used before mesh bodies which is why the toe area is slightly off.  System bodies having flipper feet without defined toes.  Appliers were the old.way of applying skins to mesh bodies.  BOM is pretty much the standard now.  The only exception would be applier makeup on mesh heads.  There's a lot of applier lipstick and eyeshadow still being sold.

If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask.

I bought the BOM skin but it's not matching with my neck ..you can see the line.. do I need to buy a new skin for my GENUS head too?

39 minutes ago, GrasielaQerimi said:

I bought the BOM skin but it's not matching with my neck ..you can see the line.. do I need to buy a new skin for my GENUS head too?

Well, I assumed you were using a Mila head skin since you were using Mila body skins.  Most people try to use a head skin if not from the same store as the body skin than from a store that makes their head skins to match specific body skins from other stores.   You'll notice a lot of head skin stores have Velour colors for their heads so they match the body skins sold by Velour.   Where is your head skin from?  Can I assume that's also an applier and not a BOM layer?

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Well, I assumed you were using a Mila head skin since you were using Mila body skins.  Most people try to use a head skin if not from the same store as the body skin than from a store that makes their head skins to match specific body skins from other stores.   You'll notice a lot of head skin stores have Velour colors for their heads so they match the body skins sold by Velour.   Where is your head skin from?  Can I assume that's also an applier and not a BOM layer?

I am actually using a MILA head skin also and yes it's an applier. On the new body skins I got there are neck blenders but I've tried and seems impossible to make it match the neck. I looked at head skins too on MILA, tried the demos but none of them have the same skin as the body..idk if I'm missing something. Tbh I would like to keep the head skin I have so I hope it the neck thing is fixable. 

With BOM, you always put the body skin first, then the head skin and then any neck fix.  A picture of your avatar's neck area would help.  I used a new Mila head along with their newest line of BOM body skins and it matched perfectly.    Are there even newer head skins for Genus at Mila?  Not appliers but BOM?  I might have to go by and check.

With BOM, you always put the body skin first, then the head skin and then any neck fix.  A picture of your avatar's neck area would help.  I used a new Mila head along with their newest line of BOM body skins and it matched perfectly.    Are there even newer head skins for Genus at Mila?  Not appliers but BOM?  I might have to go by and check.

I did put on the neck blender last but no luck with the tint. And as far as I found there's a few BOM Genus heads on Mila like this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MILA-Christie-Skin-Sand-GENUS/22227245 for example. I tried every shade in there and none match with my body skin, I am using the 05 shade... my Genus head skin is Tan color.

image.png

Tan shade is from the very oldest color line and it looks as if the matching free body skins are the only ones that would work.  The next two lines do not include the Tan shade at all.  If you still want to use your Tan head skin, I'd suggest trying the tan shade from the free pack of skins and see how that matches.

OLDEST set for FREE - TONES: Sugar | Fair | Ivory | Honey | Tan | Bronze | Exotic | Choco
Available: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MILA-Older-body-skins-for-FREE/14650538

SECOND set for TONES: Snow | Vanilla | Beige | Latte | Sand | Toffee | Almond | Cocoa
Available: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MILA-Body-Skins-DEMOS/21492643

NEWEST set for TONES 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12
Available: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Peace Oasis/160/139/28

No guarantee that newer shades, even though you might think they're the same, would match with older shades.  Sadly, that's the way it is when stores update colors.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Tan shade is from the very oldest color line and it looks as if the matching free body skins are the only ones that would work.  The next two lines do not include the Tan shade at all.  If you still want to use your Tan head skin, I'd suggest trying the tan shade from the free pack of skins and see how that matches.

I mean I could buy a new head skin if I have to but those don't match either :/

I don't even see new skins for Genus at the store.  Have you tried using the old Tan skin from the free pack?  

I just did and it matches perfectly! I bought the new skins for nothing lol I had checked the wrong folder on my inventory for older BOM skin tones smh... but yeah I guess there are no new skins for GENUS yet or maybe at all for the new shades you're right. Thanks again for being so helpful ❤️

3 minutes ago, GrasielaQerimi said:

I just did and it matches perfectly! I bought the new skins for nothing lol I had checked the wrong folder on my inventory for older BOM skin tones smh... but yeah I guess there are no new skins for GENUS yet or maybe at all for the new shades you're right. Thanks again for being so helpful ❤️

If the toes and fingers on the older skin are weird, Izzie's sells a fix that might be helpful.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

Roleplaying cutting off your circulation! I read about this real life thing where people would lean against their sink for years when shaving or brushing their teeth then they get these pretty permanent creases in their thighs. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.