'Blurry' text

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Could you provide a screenshot?  When you say every single word, you mean the menu items everything? an dhow blurry is blurry?  Due to lack of info, I'm just grasping at straws here, but it could be the resolution your viewer is set to run at?   Bit without an image it would be hard for any of us to tell what your issue may be.

ooh, I've had a similar issue before.  My text was not as bad as yours though, I could at least read mine, but the symptoms do look the same.  Bad news, I never found a fix for it.  It eventually fixed itself after one of the SL viewer updates was installed.  Do you have the latest version of the viewer installed?

I would take a look at my graphics card settings, not sure what kind of card you have, but it should have a setting where you can tell it to override application display settings, or to allow the application to control the settings - play around with these settings to see if there is any change.

I'm wondering, as Janelle mentioned, about the font. It looks as if the viewer font is replaced by another font - which, I suppose, can happen if the viewer font somehow is missing. Have you tried a complete reinstall of the viewer?

Another thing, which I would be surprised made a difference, I thought about is whether a change in screen resolution could make a difference. (Or perhaps the viewer ui size setting?)

- Luc -

• 10 years later...

Thanks for this post... I cound not figure out what is causing my menu and every UI text was so blurry.  if I set Anti Alias to x16 and save the preference, and start making changes to font size and UI size etc. (and several reboots), the blurriness turns into unconfortable level of distortion (it starts to shrink the fonts a little also...).  I saw someone saying something about Anti Alias graphic setting affecting not only the 3D part of the viewer but all 2D interface (maybe in Jira as bug? I dont remember now...).

The solution for me was:

Set Anti-Alias down to like x2, and restart the viewer.

And I could see 2D UI fonts getting crisp and clear again.  I hope people having same issue could solve their problem with this also...

I should only change that setting when I want to take photo or something and trun it back down to x2 before logging off.  (Sorry I had to re-upload the captures because I forgot to mask private information ^ω^;)

Getting Blurry UI.jpg

Text is So Clear.png

Edited by Otoa Kiyori
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.