Change in Last Name

Regina Venus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wanted to know  for   the new Last name  do we have to use one of the names in the Pool haven't they created it where we can change our last name sl name not display name   the name  we want and not the ones from the Pool if not can i put in a suggestion to see  if  in the future that will be enabled for us to do  I think if we are paying all that rl money to change our  last name we should be able to change it to the  name we want and like  so can i put in a suggestion to see if  that can be  a possibility  plus  liked it the way it use to be   before you made everyone resident then charging to have a last name  why cant we go back to how it was everyone had last names  way back when Would apprecate being able to make our own last name  

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Regina Venus said:

I wanted to know  for   the new Last name  do we have to use one of the names in the Pool haven't they created it where we can change our last name sl name not display name   the name  we want and not the ones from the Pool if not can i put in a suggestion to see  if  in the future that will be enabled for us to do  I think if we are paying all that rl money to change our  last name we should be able to change it to the  name we want and like  so can i put in a suggestion to see if  that can be  a possibility  plus  liked it the way it use to be   before you made everyone resident then charging to have a last name  why cant we go back to how it was everyone had last names  way back when Would apprecate being able to make our own last name  

situation has always been, also in the far past, we only have the offered list to choose from.
Suggesting names yourself isn't giving any guarantee it will be available soon, or as we see in the rotation speed ... in the next years. 

ways to suggest new names are in this post 

Also keep in mind that we were never able to pick any last name we wanted.  There was a huge pool of names to choose from but you still had to pick from that list.  You can suggest a name as @Alwin Alcottmentioned but remember that LL has said they will never reuse Legacy last names that have been previously used.

This is a list of names that have already been used ...

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Current_Last_Names#C

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.