Uploading Scultpys

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just started to practice scilpting andc have noticed that anytime i upload the object it looks very diff then when i made it. Ive tryed everything i can think of or find help for this. 

I use Daz Hexagon to create 

I can really use some help with this please.

PS also when uploading the map isnt colord like others i see its in alpha ???? but the sculpty still appears.

Are you uploading with lossless compression?  If not, you should be.  Also, are you using the correct stitching type when you apply your UV map to the prim in world?

I don't know how DAZ Hexagon handles sculpty maps, but if it's applying an alpha layer before the map is uploaded, that's fine.  It will still work, as you noticed.  Many people apply alpha habitually as a way to keep thieves from grabbing a screen copy of the map.

I guess it has to do with LOD (level of detail). In your 3d program you see the highest level (4), but the SL viewer is standard on level 2. You can change this. (In the advance menu you choose "debug settings", a little window will pop-up. In this window you type "rendervolumeLODFactor", now a value-selection button will pop-up. Change the number to 4.)

But this is a solution that only works on the client site. Residents who have their LOD setting on standard will still see the low detail file.

So when you sculpt for SL and you want your sculpts to stay in shape, you have to be aware of this lod-problem, and take it in account when you create your design.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.