Fae/fairy look help, please!

Ginger Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there! Newbie to doing a fantasy look and I've settled on a lovely pale/icy fae that I'm happy with the pale skin, white tattoos, and overall look. I'm now working on wardrobe which is posing a bit more of a challenge.

I am not looking for kawaii, childish, baby girl, Tinkerbell, or dark. I am trying to create a white, airy, classic, adult female, and a few slightly seductive looks with my clothing.

For me that has ruled out places like Caverna Obscura (too fairy like).

I have found some great jewelry and accessories at Sigma and lassitude & ennui. For clothes I have found:

• Enfant Terrible
  • Zenith
  • Salt & Pepper (cool wings!)
  • Sweet Thing
  • Poet's heart
  • UNA
  • Arwens
  • Les Encantades
  • Just Because (two gowns I liked!)

I am also looking for the following if anyone is up to a bigger challenge:

1. something like a mist or gentle glitter that surrounds and moves with me (I saw one at Club 511 but the woman TPed out before I could ask her)
  2. a subtle magical white flame or orb I could hold in or between my hands that's not too "big" (the effects from the ones at Elemental are too visual/big)
  3. more earring choices for SIGMA's Small gauged elf ears (I have looked at e.marie but there's nothing fantasy)

I know it's a lot, but can anyone suggest more clothing places especially? Thank you :)

• Like 2

Maybe too medieval or conservative, but the clothing/RP store called The Muses? Would a place like Tetra also be okay for something like their short feather dress? Violent Seduction or is that too goth? Luas or Beyond the Mists?

If you haven't done hair yet try Magika, they have a few styles that I think work well for a fantasy look. Six Feet Under for guaged earrings and headpieces!

And try the We Love Roleplaying event that's going on now as well, or the Fantasy Faire when it comes back.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

You just listed most of the stores I was going to recommend. 🤣 

Octubre, which was LuluB until about a month ago, does a lot of little particle and holdy things that might be worth looking at.

I will look at them thanks! I also just found a store called House of Ryfyre on the market place and one that sells crowns and head pieces called Six Feet Under and will look at them.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 7:49 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

Maybe too medieval or conservative, but the clothing/RP store called The Muses? Would a place like Tetra also be okay for something like their short feather dress? Violent Seduction or is that too goth? Luas or Beyond the Mists?

If you haven't done hair yet try Magika, they have a few styles that I think work well for a fantasy look. Six Feet Under for guaged earrings and headpieces!

And try the We Love Roleplaying event that's going on now as well, or the Fantasy Faire when it comes back.

Does anyone know where the We Love Roleplaying event is? It dumps me next to a gas station and I can't find any information about it. :/ Used the LM from here: https://weloveroleplay.weebly.com/december-2023.html

2 hours ago, Misa Friller said:

Does anyone know where the We Love Roleplaying event is? It dumps me next to a gas station and I can't find any information about it. :/ Used the LM from here: https://weloveroleplay.weebly.com/december-2023.html

Hi Misa, this is the I went to I think Katherine is talking about. Have fun :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/We Love RolePlay/128/127/28

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 1:35 PM, Ginger Blackwood said:
  1. something like a mist or gentle glitter that surrounds and moves with me (I saw one at Club 511 but the woman TPed out before I could ask her)

Try Coles Corner for that kind of thing. :)

On 12/13/2023 at 12:35 AM, Ginger Blackwood said:

Hi there! Newbie to doing a fantasy look and I've settled on a lovely pale/icy fae that I'm happy with the pale skin, white tattoos, and overall look. I'm now working on wardrobe which is posing a bit more of a challenge.

I am not looking for kawaii, childish, baby girl, Tinkerbell, or dark. I am trying to create a white, airy, classic, adult female, and a few slightly seductive looks with my clothing.

For me that has ruled out places like Caverna Obscura (too fairy like).

I have found some great jewelry and accessories at Sigma and lassitude & ennui. For clothes I have found:

• Enfant Terrible
  • Zenith
  • Salt & Pepper (cool wings!)
  • Sweet Thing
  • Poet's heart
  • UNA
  • Arwens
  • Les Encantades
  • Just Because (two gowns I liked!)

I am also looking for the following if anyone is up to a bigger challenge:

2. a subtle magical white flame or orb I could hold in or between my hands that's not too "big" (the effects from the ones at Elemental are too visual/big)
  3. more earring choices for SIGMA's Small gauged elf ears (I have looked at e.marie but there's nothing fantasy)

I know it's a lot, but can anyone suggest more clothing places especially? Thank you :)

Petrichor, look at their collaborations with Ersch for clothing. And Petrichor has a lot of fantasy jewelry and accessories. Also look at Aii & Ego.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.