Furniture & decor taxonomy?

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Easy - Home & Garden - Decor - Lighting - Candles. 😁

Thanks. MA.I.timo ! But seriously I am now just using the search in my inventory folder to find things instead of trying to sort them all out. I'm probably not finding everything that I have unfortunately but it seems to bring be enough search results that I find something. Creators need to name their products carefully so they can be searched for. 

• Like 1

My most important folder is the "meh" one. I'll chuck in there things I'm not that keen on, after all, or have better alternatives for. Sometimes, I'll look for something specific in there, and take it out, otherwise, every once in a year or two, I'll just delete the meh folders in each category, clothes, home, and other, and open a new one. 

My home and décor specifically, is organised more around where I lived when I bought the item, my memory cam deal better with that approach than category trees like shopping site URLs.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I long ago gave up on organizing my decor by inventory folder. Now I just take pictures of everything and put it in my CTS wardrobe with the relevant tags. Like a couch gets tagged with chair, couch, living room, and the colors it comes in. Fortunately I'm not big on decorating so it's not a lot. I think I'll do some subcategories soon, so it's more like furniture/room/kitchen and furniture/landscaping/treesScreenshot_20231225_095846_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f0163089473be24969dff7d4950d1df9.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.