Is there a way to directly stream music from mixxx to my avatar?

Alexa Morningstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Alexa Morningstar said:

I just want to be able to walk around anywhere n when someone gets close to me they can hear the music I'm streaming. Is there a way to do that? a device I can carry or something.

do this with a Media-On-A-Prim player attached to your avatar. https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Shared_Media

to hear your media player other people enable menu: Me \ Preferences \ Sound & Media \ Play media attached to other avatar (this option is disabled by default so people have to opt in to hear your player)

Edited by elleevelyn
ed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ElleEvelyn's suggestion is pretty much the only way to stream live music wherever your avatar is.

Another alternative would be tied to land (parcel music or media stream) or a rez-rights (rezzed media-on-a-prim which has a much higher chance of being heard by others).

If you just want to be able to play music (not live), you could use one of many different notecard-based music players. Those can be worn and heard by others by default.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alexa Morningstar said:

I just want to be able to walk around anywhere

Think again about your plan please, there are many people waiting to report you for disturbing the peace if they hear a kind of music that does disturb them. Many landowners will respond the same. Also many have already a stream on their land/venue, what atmosphere are you going to create there?
It could even end in reports for griefing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.