Are Gachas Legal Again or are folks just cheating?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondering if I missed the news. 

In the last week I have run into two very prominent places where old time gachas were available.  One was a very popular store and the other a very popular event.  So wondering if the rules changed.  These were NOT conveyer - next up type of displays where you see what you will get next. It was absolutely a "by chance" thing. 

Later edit:   The Second Life Gacha Policy is still up so I am guessing that these folks (both who take part in The Arcade so they SHOULD know what they are doing) are cheating.  Going off to report.   

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Gacha_policy#:~:text=Policy Prohibiting Gacha Transactions&text=The use of the term,at the time of sale.

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well  one of the two I sent in reports on  deleted the gachas on the main floor --- BUT there is a whole second floor of gachas that remained.  Honestly I haven't looked in a bit. Did a long blog post on the issue and won't be featuring either brand in the future (had in the past and actually blogged for one for YEARS).   They obviously know they are wrong.  I don't want them to lose their accounts --- just stop. Not fair to all the folks that were hurt (and became legal with the rules) after gachas were banned. 

I don't do the breedables thing after my bunny LOL LONG ago but I believe they too should be halted as "gambling" because your really are. There is no SKILL involved there, just chance. 

• Like 3

My understanding is when they say it's not being applied to breedables, they're not saying that shops that sell breedables can run regular gacha games. They're saying that randomness is okay in the context of the breedable system. You know you're buying a purple cat, but other features of the cat might be random. When the breeding happens, there will be randomness in which traits are passed on, because it wouldn't be much of a breeding game if there wasn't.

Skill levels depend on the breedable. KittyCats have a basic genetics system, which does need some skill to understand. I'm a biologist, so it really just came down to analysing the charts for which things were dominant to what. But it's a bigger learning curve when people skipped science. If nothing else, people go away having learnt to draw a Punnett square.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.