Can't install the beta (PBR) viewer

Tetsuryu Vlodovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some reason when I try to install the version 7.0.0.x, it just immediately downloads an "update" and installs the standard release client instead! I've tried to change the update settings but apparently it just considers it a mandatory update and won't let me as far as the login screen. I've tried cancelling the update installation but it just does it again when I try to start up the client.

That's highly odd. I have all of the SL viewers installed, including the alternates. I have had this issue before. My way around it was to uninstall the other viewers, and just install the PBR. Once I get that working, I reinstall the others I want to use. I use the PBR, Default, Maintenance, Emoji and Inventory viewers. 

You shouldn't lose any of the other settings if they aren't removed while uninstalling and reinstalling viewers. The uninstaller reminds you about it.  The settings are stored in C:\Users\HomeDir(yours may be different)\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings .

If the problem continues, you may want to uninstall all of the SL viewers you have and ensure the uninstaller removes all of the settings and cache. Then install the ones you want to use, like PBR.

If you manually install a RELEASE CANDIDATE, which the PBR viewer now is, but your current viewer preferences are to not try release candidates, then the updater will likely download and install the current RELEASE.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.