Water too fast and reflection wrong colour

Viadetta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just logged into my sim, and the water around the sim is rushing past at a very fast and unusual speed. 

I hope that it is only a temporary issue, and it will return to normal 'lapping waves' type of speed soon.

Also, an issue that has been going on for many months. When the sun rises, the light that the sun casts on the sea, is the wrong colour, this is NOT due to my windlight. I am using default windlight. The light is white, it needs to be pinkish or orange as it used to be. Please fix this, it looks really weird when the sun rises all orange and pink and the light it is casting is pure white like the moon.

Thanks so much.

42 minutes ago, Viadetta said:

I have just logged into my sim, and the water around the sim is rushing past at a very fast and unusual speed. 

I hope that it is only a temporary issue, and it will return to normal 'lapping waves' type of speed soon.

Also, an issue that has been going on for many months. When the sun rises, the light that the sun casts on the sea, is the wrong colour, this is NOT due to my windlight. I am using default windlight. The light is white, it needs to be pinkish or orange as it used to be. Please fix this, it looks really weird when the sun rises all orange and pink and the light it is casting is pure white like the moon.

Thanks so much.

Is this an entire private island that you own?

@Viadetta.. I raised the change in sunset and sunrise ambient conditions with LL some 12 months ago.  It was an unregarded consequence of the removal of the sunset-look Moonsets and while some at LL are also disturbed at the ambient changes, many apparently believe that the substantial changes to sun/moon rise/set ambient light that will occur as SL moves to physically based rendering and its associated lighting models on the regions make any work on that a waste of effort so any further change is unlikely in the near future.

I may also add the some folks seem to consider the current lighting and improvement worth keeping(!)

Edited by Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.