Creating bigger than 64m

RavenSkye Waverider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, been looking for info a long time now. Curious how people are getting objects to be bigger than 64m in size. I know there are skyboxes (I own one) that is 1024m x 1024m. When we try to make it in blender, try to oversize it.. it gets resized down again. I am really curious because I want to make a box of my own, that isn't available on SL for sale (that I've found yet)

Objects bigger than 64m (previously 10m) are called "megaprims" and they were all created a long time ago. It's not possible to create new ones anymore as far as I know, so it can be a bit of a hunt to find the size you need. If you try to change the size of a megaprim, it will snap to the current maximum size limit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2023 at 5:50 PM, RavenSkye Waverider said:

So, been looking for info a long time now. Curious how people are getting objects to be bigger than 64m in size. I know there are skyboxes (I own one) that is 1024m x 1024m. When we try to make it in blender, try to oversize it.. it gets resized down again. I am really curious because I want to make a box of my own, that isn't available on SL for sale (that I've found yet)

Let me know what size you need and if I have that size will send to you.

Check the scaling on it before you upload in blender in object mode is set to max 1.0 (if its higher sl will size it down to scale 1.) if lover is also ok, it might scale it up. it must not be negative on any of the parameters that will course issues.
And check the scaling when you upload in second life, there a box you might need to change settings on, but like someone else said there is still a size limitation when you upload + link distance if your uploading multi objects/scene at the same time.

3 hours ago, juliet Avon said:

Check the scaling on it before you upload in blender in object mode is set to max 1.0 (if its higher sl will size it down to scale 1.) if lover is also ok, it might scale it up. it must not be negative on any of the parameters that will course issues.
And check the scaling when you upload in second life, there a box you might need to change settings on, but like someone else said there is still a size limitation when you upload + link distance if your uploading multi objects/scene at the same time.

Mega prims are beyond the 64m allowable size and were created long ago.  We can't upload them from an external program.

Just to add one last bit of info to fully answer the OP's original question...

Larger than 64x "mesh" objects are not actually mesh, but rather megaprims that have been set as sculpted prims. Sculpted prims have the unique ability to change their geometry based on whatever sculpt map texture is currently applied, unlike mesh objects which are static after upload. So by taking an already huge megaprim and applying a custom sculpt map, people can create arbitrary* mesh-like shapes at larger than normal sizes.

*arbitrary within the limitations of sculpties' capabilities.

Edited by Fenix Eldritch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.