You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I currently am in love with the Lusch Motors Himalayan...however it does not have a lock and unlock feature which drives me nuts. I realize I can keep changing the access list but I would rather have a lock and unlock. Are there any similar or better jeeps in SL that include this feature??😩

I don't think I've run across a vehicle without the lock and unlock feature in a while. I'm pretty sure most of mine have it now, and those that don't were probably made before 2014.

Have you checked Olympus Motors,  777, Vix might have some too. Surplus Motors. Those are the places off the top of  my head without being inworld to check. I have a couple of SUVs, they aren't necessarily jeeps, but, similar and I'm fairly certain they have that feature. I forgot where they came from, but they're a bit older too, just after 2014 I think. 

Edited by Casidy Silvercloud
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

I don't think I've run across a vehicle without the lock and unlock feature in a while. I'm pretty sure most of mine have it now, and those that don't were probably made before 2014.

Have you checked Olympus Motors,  777, Vix might have some too. Surplus Motors. Those are the places off the top of  my head without being inworld to check. I have a couple of SUVs, they aren't necessarily jeeps, but, similar and I'm fairly certain they have that feature. I forgot where they came form, but they're a bit older too, just after 2014 I think. 

I believe I have one from Vix. I'm working on getting the controls to not be ridiculously crazy. and if it works out I might switch to them

Lusch Motors use the GEMC scripts so there's not really a whole lot of options that are 'like it' outside of the other NBTI creators.

Whilst you can't lock/unlock it specifically, you can easily switch who has access to it via clicking on it and selecting 'Access'. Set it to 'Owner' when you want no one else to use it, and when someone else should use it you can set it to 'Anyone' or, if you have a group in which the intended user is, you could deed the vehicle to that group and set access to 'Group'.

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Lusch Motors use the GEMC scripts so there's not really a whole lot of options that are 'like it' outside of the other NBTI creators.

Whilst you can't lock/unlock it specifically, you can easily switch who has access to it via clicking on it and selecting 'Access'. Set it to 'Owner' when you want no one else to use it, and when someone else should use it you can set it to 'Anyone' or, if you have a group in which the intended user is, you could deed the vehicle to that group and set access to 'Group'.

I know that but I wish it just had a simple lock and unlock. like thats my only pet peeve

I think pro street cars PSC, has some like that.

But yeah the majority of vehicles in SL uses permission system instead of locking doors cuz reasons ex: ppl can cam inside and still sit even if the vehicle is locked, instead the permission system eject them at the moment they try to interact with the vehicle.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LykanXEclipse said:

I think pro street cars PSC, has some like that.

But yeah the majority of vehicles in SL uses permission system instead of locking doors cuz reasons ex: ppl can cam inside and still sit even if the vehicle is locked, instead the permission system eject them at the moment they try to interact with the vehicle.

I suppose that makes sense 😧

2 hours ago, LykanXEclipse said:

lock / unlock is often just what it says on the buttons and floating text while the functionality is a toggle over using the features - not any doors.

Most of the better SL sailboat brands lack this and only let the owner use it - which is really frustrating when you have alts. ;)

Personally I leave my vehicles unlocked and put a script on my land that will rez them again if they're missing for more than 5 minutes. Turning this off and locking them if people keep manually returning the vehicles (because that messes up where I have placed them).

But if you need lock / unlock - that's most brands of land vehicles. It would be more of a question to ask who does not have this feature. I'm partial to [sau] because I like their scripting, but I don't think they have any jeeps.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.