Setting up a sim entry fee

Miranda Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

Hope someone can help with this. I have just created a group with an enrollment fee.These members will have full access to the houses, beds, etc.  Members have expressed a desire to allow the general (non-group) public to also be allowed on the sim - hopefully, to entice others to joinin the group. However, some members feel that it's unfair that they pay and others can use the sim free. They asked about an entry fee for all non-group members. Is that possible and if so, how would I set that up please? In short - I need to 'force' visitors to pay a small fee to enter the sim but group members will need to be allowed to land there without paying. Hope this makes sense. :)

Thanks!

Miranda Writer

3 answers to this question

I have been to two types of sims (or areas of sims) with entrance fees. Here are some ideas.

The first would have a mandetory landing point high in the sky like many role play areas. Group members wearing their group tags could use the teleporter for free to get to the area of their choice. Those not in the group could buy a "token", wear it and then be able to teleport to the area of their choice.

The second used a security orb feature to test to see if people were wearing a token (badge whatever) that could be purchased. If not, it sent them home. The advantage to that would be that people could purchase on the marketplace or at an office and then TP into the sim anywhere they wanted. Then, those in the group wouldn't need to jump though any extra hoops. :D

They both work on the same sort of idea. A good script person can most likely give you the particulars. It isn't done often, but it can happen.

First cut a small parcel of land just big enough to stand on. Go to About Land and make that parcel open to public access & set a landing point on it. Create a LM and give that to all your group members for them to give their visitors.

Then go to About Land for the remainder of the sim & on the access tab where you already have it set for group access only, you will see "Sell passes" underneath that. Set that for "anyone" and you can choose the price of the pass and the length of time that it allows access for.

When people land at the landing point, they just right click the land on the main parcel and select "Buy Pass".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.