In 'About Land' there is an option to 'sell passes'. How does that work?

eric57

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

The Knowledge Base says this about that:

• Sell Passes to - Check this to charge an admittance fee to your land and set the time period for which those passes are valid.

If you have land that can be subdivided, you can carve out a tiny chunk and see the process for yourself, but you may have already noticed that nobody does this (except maybe ironically). It results in green banlines that are temporarily disabled for individual users who pay the set entry fee for the set interval.

One reason to test would be to discover how it interacts with other access settings. Like, if a group can enter, do group members have to pay, or are they the only ones who can pay? And what about individuals named as always allowed entry, and those blacklist banned? I can guess, but I'd only be guessing.

It's a very old feature that was never exactly common but there were a few attempts to use it as cover charge for entering a club or parcel media cinema, long ago.

I suppose it would be effective at keeping out bots—even unregistered bots—but it's pretty effective at keeping out everybody.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.