What demo type is best?

Sara Lukas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi

i sell some full perm items in my store (mostly decor stuff) and currently they are timed for 15 mins then they can't be rezzed again. However,reading these forums, i have learned that people don't really like timed demos.

what would you suggest would be the best style of demo for a full perm item?   i want to be able to provide the item as they would see it when they purchase it, so they know exactly what it looks like, but i don't want to make it so they can just keep it as their own item of decor for themselves.

In theory, timed demos are great if you're at the inworld shop that you got the demo from, because you can easily just get another one after the time expires.

But if you're elsewhere, at home, after getting a demo from the shop or Marketplace, then went home/elsewhere more private to try it, then it can be a bit of a hassle to relog into Marketplace to get another one, or find the inworld store if theres even a landmark to it in the demo folder.

It's surprising even today that many creators don't even include a landmark to their inworld shops. if you're one of those creators and you're guilty of this, please include an up-to-date shop landmark!

My favourite kind of demos are the ones which have no timers or obvious "DEMO" visuals in them while you're visiting the creators inworld shop. But after leaving that shop/parcel/region, while still wearing the demo, the demo's scripts detect this and display obvious "DEMO" visuals everywhere else in SL.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

My favourite kind of demos are the ones which have no timers or obvious "DEMO" visuals in them while you're visiting the creators inworld shop. But after leaving that shop/parcel/region, while still wearing the demo, the demo's scripts detect this and display obvious "DEMO" visuals everywhere else in SL.

that's good for clothes etc, but for decor items this wouldn't make any difference.....

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I can't recall ever having a demo for a decor item.  Apparel and accessories, of course or possibly a gadget of some kind but never decor.

They're full perm items.  i know how annoying it is to not have a demo for full perm items before purchasing from past experience so i want to provide a demo for customers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.