Magic Box Message ?

JenniferC String

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.

I want to open my first store soon and i had a question about the magic box. I have seen a few merchants' magic boxes are sending an auto message to the customer like "Thanks for your purchase, for any questions please call me ...." for example.

How can i do this? Would be great if someone could tell me how to do this :)

TY

The Voice Box and The Magic Box

The Magic Box is a wonderful tool. Just search Magic Box in SL and you'll find where to purchase one............you may want to also check out a marketing tool that amazes people and brings "friends" of your visitors into your location. It's called, The Voice Box.

Whenever you come across something in SL that is REALLY, REALLY neat, you tell your friends about it and want to share it with them, right?  Well, The Voice Box is just that. It gives a custom audio announcement to your visitors and customers, either by touch, proximity or colission (you decide on delivery method). When people experience it, they immediately TP their friends in, to also experience it. Oh, and once you buy a Voice Box, there are no other fees of any kind to pay ever...you own it completely.

Hi JenniferC,

I'll try to help...not sure if I am answering your question or not....

When a shopper purchases something on the Marketplace, a confirmation email is sent to them automatically. I haven't seen any other kind of message/thank you sent (i.e., talking boxes inworld). For instance, I bought something the other day and got this message in my email:

Dear Arwen Serpente,

Thank you for your recent purchase. Please find your purchase details below: {followed by my transaction info}

It's an automatic confirmation to the buyer, you don't have to do anything for it to be sent. If you shop on the Marketplace, you should have similar emails sent to you as the buyer.

If you want your magic box to send you the seller messages everytime it delivers something, just click your magic box inworld and select notifications on. Just remember if you sell very high volume items, like free items, you could end up with lots of those emails. Sometimes a Merchant with freebies will separate them into their own magic box so that they can turn off notifications and keep them separate from their saleable goods.

I hope that is the info you needed.

JenniferC String wrote:

I have seen a few merchants' magic boxes are sending an auto message to the customer like "Thanks for your purchase, for any questions please call me ...." for example.

if i am not misunderstanding you - this sounds to me like a message that appears in chat when you have rezzed the item you purchased (to unpack it). if so, then that messages comes from the item that is rezzed, not the magic box. so you would need a simple script included in your boxed item that says the things you want to say on rez. i am sure there are someone around here that knows how to do that.

but then again i might be way off :D :matte-motes-smile: explain further?

Hello :)

Thanks for answering. Ok im trying to explain it better. Its not on rezz because i got the message before i accept the delivery. 

It happened a few times so far that i purchased an item through the marketplace and at the same moment i received the item inworld i got a message in local chat from this merchant's magic box. It says that this message is sent by the magic box, thats why im asking how to do it :)

What you're talking about or looking for is a essentially a separate script that works in conjunction with a Magic Box w/ ANS.  A magic box w/ ANS allows you to somehow tie magic box notifications into other things.  I've never used so I don't know too much about it.   But here's some SLM links to possibly get you started....

Magic Box w/ ANS - SLM listings of ANS Magic Box

What is ANS? And how can it help a merchant? - archived forum thread about ANS

xD Auto Message

I don't make that product nor have I ever used.. is simply first one I found on a quick SLM search.

Hope this helps. And maybe someone with more knowledge will poke their head in too.

The present method of ANS is that the Marketplace sends data to either an inworld object or to the merchants email or to a web page.  One of those has the opportunity to process the data it receives.  In addition to this, there's the option for a script inside the Magicbox to listen to link messages to determine the details of sale.

My point is that adding a script to a Magic box that listens to link messages will go away since the Magic box will no longer exist.

Yes indeed having ANS data sent to an inworld prim will be able to IM the purchaser though since they also get an email saying the same, i'm not sure of the value but that's just my thoughts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.