Passing money to buy for a friend? Or giving them L$. How can I do this? Thank you!!

TarinaM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to buy an item for my friend who is also new.  I understand there is away to pass money when we are both at a store.  But how is this done?  I don't want to end up with another avatar body in my inventory and not be able to send it over to them.  Thank you,

2 answers to this question

You can give this avatar money directly and he/she can buy on his/her own. You can also check the shop offer if gift cards are available and buy gift card and give to this person. You can also check if there is option 'buy as a gift' on vendor and choose this option. Be careful if you type the avatar's name in local chat. You can also choose an item at Marketplace and buy as a gift at Marketplace.

• Like 1

Some merchants offer a GIFT style of purchase. If they do it is usually clearly marked as a gift. Look around the store. If it is a special item that you particularly want and there is no gift option, contact the merchant. You can right-click on any of their stuff, vendors  or display models, and look through the objects properties for the owner/creator name. Look in their profile for how to contact them. Merchant's usually run into IM limits and once capped your IM's to them are lost. So, most explain their preferred method of contact.

The SL Market Place (SMP or SLMP) has GIFT capability too. You can search the SLMP on a merchant name to find the product.

It is also possible to PAY another avatar. Right-click on them or open thier profile from with in Friends or Chat and look in the options for PAY.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.