Shaping thighs and calves independently

rhythm11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm just wondering why it's still not possible to shape thighs and calves separately. For example, average size thighs and large calves. I just don't understand why there's not at least two sliders for this instead of just the overall leg muscle slider.

• Like 1

Annoying isn't it?

I've wondered the same. the volume bones that control the shape of the mesh are separate but the slider unfortunately adjusts both. It's something that could be changed as far as I know but I think the shape sliders are somewhat set in stone at this point, not sure there's any potential to add a new control.

4 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

You might try this. I use it routinely to deform other parts, but I have not tied to deform thighs and calves.

As far as I am aware it is not possible to do what the body shape sliders do. A deformer can translate (move) a bone but it cannot change the volume of a bone like the sliders do.

Animations offer a little extra in that they can rotate bones also but once again I don't think they can change the volume. That is to say you could move or rotate your thigh volume bone (which in turn affects the mesh that is tied to it) but you can't change its volume :(

I did a little research into this since it seems to be the holy grail of getting a shape right and it doesn't seem to exist, quite why the slider isn't split into thigh/calves (they're separate volume bones in the skeleton) is confusing though since "leg muscles" is the only way of making these thicker/slimmer.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

10 minutes ago, Conifer Dada said:

It would be good to be able to move knees up and down the leg. SL thighs are quite long in relation overall leg length. Not to the extent of being unrealistic but perhaps untypical of RL, at least for female avs.

You could try this 'Below the Knee Extender'. Costs a whopping zero linden. The perfect gift for those with stumpy legs.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SS-Below-The-Knee-Extender-Gift/17976712

_SS-AVMC-001-00__Below_The_Knee_Extender

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks - I tried the knee extenders some while ago. They work well with bare feet and legs but not so goof if you're wearing shoes. From what I could see when trying them out, the extra length is achieved by lengthening the ankle and upper foot - although it doesn't look like that in the picture.

Edited by Conifer Dada

1 hour ago, Missy Starchild said:

I feel you there. My ebody's calves are not only short, they are also weirdly thick compared to everything else on my body. It's like the one complaint I have and I dream of there being an actual slider one day to fix it. Oh well!

Maybe one day we'll get a slight extension to shapes that allow it. I think it wouldn't break compatibility either to add a new control for calves, old shapes could still affect both bones equally where a new shape with the extra could affect both separately.

Maybe one for the Lindens as a feature suggestion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.