Flagged listings - Am I in trouble?

ValuedAndSelective

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I had been given advice to make a listing on MP with a notecard about my services and pricing, selling it for 0L. What I had in the card or what category it was in got flagged as against LL policies. Am I in trouble, like a three strikes rule? Or was my listing just taken down and that's it?

Also, I have been told that it's ok to sell a gift card to your store on Maketplace, and that seems to make more sense to me than selling a notecard for 50% of my service price, because my pricing varies. Can someone clarify if that would be ok under the MP policy guidelines?

Edited by ValuedAndSelective
  • Haha 1

Disallowed Actions:

Listings for Real-World Goods or Services

Non-Item Listings

Non-Item Listings. The SL Marketplace is also not to be used for:

Advertising events, places, or groups.

Creating Listings for land sales/rentals except as for free in the Marketplace Land Categories,

Dispensing catalogs or information regarding a service without actually charging at least 50% of the value of that service.

Creating Demo Product Listings without linking the Demo to the Full Version of the product.

4 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

This is probably the one getting you into trouble, and possibly the .. ahem ... nature of your services being offered.

Yeah, which is why I'm asking about a gift card listing as an alternative. My service is turning pictures of SL avis into realistic images that still look very much like the avi. :) Sometimes that's simple and doesn't cost much, if the person doesn't have strong preferences about specifics for the final image. Sometimes because the requests are very detailed, it's extremely time-consuming and thus expensive.

11 minutes ago, ValuedAndSelective said:

Yeah, which is why I'm asking about a gift card listing as an alternative. My service is turning pictures of SL avis into realistic images that still look very much like the avi. :) Sometimes that's simple and doesn't cost much, if the person doesn't have strong preferences about specifics for the final image. Sometimes because the requests are very detailed, it's extremely time-consuming and thus expensive.

A gift card for 50% of the lowest amount you charge would be acceptable.  However, in the description field, note that it is 50% off least expensive image and that additional request will cost more.  If the least you charge is 500L and the card is for 250L, explain that it will be 250L off any service.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.