Hiding Maitreya Toenails

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You have two options: One use the included BoM Add-on parts, in the hud there are two foot versions solid toe cap and opaque toe cap which does show a version of the nail. two in the feet/nails section of the main hud you can choose different nail styles one removes the nails so you can use other mesh nails. if you are wearing peep toes or going shoeless the add-on parts is the way to go as it hides the toes too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2023 at 11:48 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

You have two options: One use the included BoM Add-on parts, in the hud there are two foot versions solid toe cap and opaque toe cap which does show a version of the nail. two in the feet/nails section of the main hud you can choose different nail styles one removes the nails so you can use other mesh nails. if you are wearing peep toes or going shoeless the add-on parts is the way to go as it hides the toes too 

I am belatedly coming to use BOM with my Maitreya body so I can wear more tattoos and just now grappling with the question of funky looking fingernails and toenails.  Am I understanding you that I need to get new nails in order to have normal looking toes and fingernails?  The BOM add-on HUD covers up the toes but doesn't result in normal looking bare feet and does not seem to do anything for the fingernails.  ETA: I just found some add-ons from Sweet's that seem to work.

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I am belatedly coming to use BOM with my Maitreya body so I can wear more tattoos and just now grappling with the question of funky looking fingernails and toenails.  Am I understanding you that I need to get new nails in order to have normal looking toes and fingernails?  The BOM add-on HUD covers up the toes but doesn't result in normal looking bare feet and does not seem to do anything for the fingernails.  ETA: I just found some add-ons from Sweet's that seem to work.

You can hide your fingernails using the main HUD.

To have normal feet, just don't use the BOM Add-On toenail hider.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Are you trying to cover up painted on toenails and fingernails from an old system skin? If that's not your issue then you don't need to do anything with your fingernails/toenails when using BoM skins. You can add polish as usual with BoM. If you are trying to use BoM stockings then you'll need to BOM addon layer as others have mentioned. From your mentioning Sweet's I'm guessing your issue was with funky painted on nails with an old system skin.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Are you trying to cover up painted on toenails and fingernails from an old system skin? If that's not your issue then you don't need to do anything with your fingernails/toenails when using BoM skins. You can add polish as usual with BoM. If you are trying to use BoM stockings then you'll need to BOM addon layer as others have mentioned. From your mentioning Sweet's I'm guessing your issue was with funky painted on nails with an old system skin.

I think that was it but the Sweet's layers make them look at least 98% normal again and the Maitreya HUD nail colors work on these layers.  Thanks!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.