Copy/Non-Copy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone,

Where can I see a list of copy/non-copy items in Firestorm? I need to remove the non-copy items as I want to go to another parcel with my current build. I know in region objects, it shows the name but does not indicate if it is a non-copy.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Couldn't you just SHIFT-drag select all the objects (copy and no copy), Take them into your inventory as a coalesced object, and then rez the whole mess out again at the new location?

You ~could, but no-copy items have a bad rep for being fragile (try rezzing one on a mesh surface, or use firestorm's broken 'rez at last known location' feature, and they could disappear forever) and if a coalesed object contains even one no-copy object, it would inherit the same fragility. Also, having too many things selected at once can crash some lower end devices.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

try rezzing one on a mesh surface, or use firestorm's broken 'rez at last known location' f

For the record, rezzing to last location for a No Copy items was disabled in Firestorm and whichever other TPV's used it a very long time ago.

If I recall correctly they had already made the decision to disable that even before LL mandated that they remove it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perrie Juran said:

For the record, rezzing to last location for a No Copy items was disabled in Firestorm and whichever other TPV's used it a very long time ago.

Hmm, that safety feature wasn't around 3 years ago or so, but that is rather nice.

Also, flinging the first no-copy thing I found (that I know I can get from the MP for free) at some mesh didn't eat it, but it's hard to disprove that there's any scenario left where mesh ~could eat your no-copy items.

Glad to know SL ~has improved some of the subtle stuff in the last few years!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.