Legacy AVI - with a question about Premium Plus

Steve Lobo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone...I've been a Premium member since 12/03/2005.

I have always received the $500/week Linden Stipend.

As you know, for new Premium members as of November 1, 2006, the stipend went down to $300/week. That never affected me, since I was 'Legacy,' due to my earlier join date. I continued receiving the $500.

So about a year ago I went Premium Plus, which provides a stipend of $650/week.

Now, I'd like to go back to regular Premium. But the 'membership' page on the SL website says if I do, I'll be dropped to $300/week....NOT back to my old $500.

Is the website wrong? If I leave Premium Plus and go back to Premium....will I still get the original stipend of $500/week?

I called Premium Plus concierge support and they're looking into it.....but in the meantime any information you have would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Steve Lobo

Edited by Steve Lobo
clarity
  • Like 2

From.the FAQ page...

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000167487-premium-plus-faq#My-account-receives-grandfathered-stipend-with-my-regular-Premium-Membership.-Will-I-get-a-larger-stipend-with-Premium-Plus?

My account receives grandfathered stipend with my regular Premium Membership. Will I get a larger stipend with Premium Plus?

No. The Premium Plus stipend is L$650 across the board. However, if you upgrade to a Premium Plus membership, should you choose to go back to a regular Premium Membership at any time, you will receive your Premium Membership stipend at the grandfathered rate again.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Rowan - thank you! I appreciate it! 

That's what I was hoping for - and you clarified the info on the 'change membership' page...which probably references the $300 because if applies to many, many more people.

Thanks again - you're the best!

1 minute ago, Steve Lobo said:

Rowan - thank you! I appreciate it! 

That's what I was hoping for - and you clarified the info on the 'change membership' page...which probably references the $300 because if applies to many, many more people.

Thanks again - you're the best!

I suppose it was a question people like you wanted to know since if it were me, I'd be hesitant to upgrade if I knew a downgrade would cost me my grandfathered stipend.  I'm glad they addressed it.

If you're still worried, contact support again and ask the question, referencing the page and answer I showed.  That way, it will be on record with LL that you contacted them with their published answer.  Ya know, just in case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That is GREAT advice!

CSRs can't possibly know every single fact - ever - off the top of their heads! So, the guy I talked to didn't know, but he was happy to research it.  Since it's in the works, I think I'll let them come back with the correct answer. If it's right - yay! If not, I will refer them to the page you found. 

Man, you're good! And you helped me a lot. Rowan - high five! If we ever run into each other in SL, the drinks are on me!

• Like 3

Prior to upgrading I asked Patch what would happen to my 500L stipend if I went back to Premium. That I wouldn't lose the grandfathered stipend was the clincher. Just happily paid for my second year of Plus and think it's well worth it.

Yea, agreed Rowan is pretty terrific. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.