Help !! after wearing an animal avatar I cant get back to a normal human shape

Medusa Torok

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was away from SL for a number of years, when i returned I found that my avatar was somewhat out of date.  a friend directed me to  a free mesh body and mesh head. The head is genus, the body is classic. I played around with that till I was happy with it, and then realised that none of my old clothes would fit. Reverted back to my old avatar so that I could at least appear dressed in the world. Then i thought, lets try a fun, different avatar. so I bought a snokra snake.  And I love it. I've had compliments and also some negative remarks. 

But now I have a problem.  there might be times when I want to appear as a human again. So i tried to wear a human avatar again, but i cannot, no matter how i try, get it to look a human shape again. I have tried both my old avi and the mesh one. (including the mesh head.)  But I still have an elongated neck, eyes popped out, deformed face. Nothing works to get it back how it used to be.  I have tried to shorten the neck as far as the slider will go, it's still elongated. cant do anything with the eyes, which are several inches in front of my face.  I have removed everything from the snake avi. The main body shape and skin are ok, its the head and neck I have trouble with. I put my mesh head on, and also tried with the old style avatar, no difference. has anyone else had a problem like this? is there some way to fix it or am I destined to be a snek forever..

This is normal with the new bento furry/animal avatars because they use deformers instead of invisiprims and alphas to make the head fit

You can fix it by using Undeform Avatar (in Firestorm) or Reset Skeleton (in the official viewer. Or re-log, does the same thing.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.