Deploys for the week of 05.29.23 (unofficial advisory)

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This week Main Server was just bounced (restarted on the same software version). That's  2023-05-05.579955

Some or all the RC Channels should get: 2023-05-25.580357  tomorrow.  I'm guessing that's a debugged version of what was rolled to Bluesteel last Wednesday.

Edited by Aishagain
getting all my ducks in a row
  • Thanks 2

• Aishagain changed the title to Deploys for the week of 05.29.23 (unofficial advisory)

For now[1], the current deploy strategy for a particular version seems to be:

1. Deploy to BlueSteel only as it's the smallest (in number of regions) of the 3 main RC channels
    1. Obviously if there is a problem, fewer regions are affected by having to do a rollback
  2. If all goes well, the following week deploy to the other RC channels
  3. if 2) goes well, the following week deploy to Main SLS channel

[1] I suspect the deploy strategy for PBR when it arrives will be different

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And it looks as though the viewers' code really does NOT like LL's new thumbnail code.  2023-05-25.580357 is not working as intended but at least it isn't a crasher this week. 

See the Grid Status reports.

Edited by Aishagain

Intriguing.  The Grid Status Page announced that the  issues surrounding 2023-05-25.580357 "should be" resolved now. 

I wonder if that means another rollback? 

With the absence of anything new in the release notes and no mention of a restart schedule for either SLS or RC channels on the Status Page, what will happen this week?

All will be revelaed in due course, no doubt.  Or not.

Edited by Aishagain

And, as if by magic, the SLS channel restart is in progress, the notification accompanied by the "scheduled" notice.

Did anyone see the "scheduled" notice before the roll started, 'cos I looked less than an hour before and I didn't see it.

8 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Did anyone see the "scheduled" notice before the roll started, 'cos I looked less than an hour before and I didn't see it.

The scheduled notice finally showed up 17 mins before the restart began.  see other thread.  You can't expect to check less than an hour before the restarts, and expect to see a Notice.  You think SL is operated like the military?  

1 hour ago, Jaylinbridges said:

You think SL is operated like the military?  

Good grief.  If I expected that, I'd be expecting a lot more!

No, I just expected better service, a thing I am just not going to get any more, I realise.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.