Premium & Land Fee Question

Ree Serevi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I've been a Premium member for a few years now, and this past year bought additional land at the $7/month tier.
As you can see, my "monthly cost" is $7. This reflects in my account history and bank history etc too.

However, when I look at my land use info now, it looks as if I have way more land available without additional land fees, as if I'm at the $22/month tier.
Is there something I'm misunderstanding about how much land this $7 affords me? Or is this some kind of strange SL mixup?

If someone more land savvy could let me know what might be going on, I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 12.54.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 12.57.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 12.58.14 PM.png

The page is very misleading.   What it means is that you've authorized a higher amount that you are willing to pay for before you get an "increased Tier" warning when you buy more land.  It is completely all about the radio buttons at the bottom of that page.

Note that if you buy more land, you WILL pay more fees for Tier -- but you won't be warned unless the amount of land takes you above the radio button that you have currently selected.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The page is very misleading.   What it means is that you've authorized a higher amount that you are willing to pay for before you get an "increased Tier" warning when you buy more land.  It is completely all about the radio buttons at the bottom of that page.

Note that if you buy more land, you WILL pay more fees for Tier -- but you won't be warned unless the amount of land takes you above the radio button that you have currently selected.

That is very misleading LOL, so all it means is I can buy that amount of land without getting a warning about additional fees.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 4

actually it is very simply. As a premium member, you get a 1024 land allowance that you can use on mainland if you dont get a bellisseria home. You were paying $7.00 USD, which is the price for an additional 1024 sqM parcel.. giving you an allowance of 2048 sqM.

If you change your monthly fee to $22, then  instead of 1024 sqM paid land, you now get 4096 sqM land that you have paid for plus the additional 1024 sqM you get as a Premium member (assuming you did not claim a belli home). That means that for $22 you get 4096+1024 or 5120 SqM of mainland you can buy.

To summarize.. pay $7.00 a month and you get 2048 sqM mainland allowance. Pay $22 a month and you get 5120 sqM mainland allowance.

However, here is the catch. If you raise your tier to $22, you are now paying for the 5120 land allowance whether you use it or NOT. In other words, if you keep using only 2048 sqM, you are still gonna be charged the $22 monthly fee in addition to your premium fee. The fee is not based on how much land you actually use, but how how much land you are paying for permission to use.

6 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

However, here is the catch. If you raise your tier to $22, you are now paying for the 5120 land allowance whether you use it or NOT. In other words, if you keep using only 2048 sqM, you are still gonna be charged the $22 monthly fee in addition to your premium fee. The fee is not based on how much land you actually use, but how how much land you are paying for permission to use.

Nope -- You will never pay for more than you are using, regardless of what tier level you select on that page.  I have had the 8192 circle ticked for well over a year, but have only been billed $7.00 for each of the last 9 months because I have only been using 2048 sqm Tier (regular Premium member - so get 1024 and pay for 1024).

NOTE that if you do use any tier, for even a single second, that puts you into the next charge amount, then you will pay that amount for at least one billing cycle.

As mentioned above, all that circle does is indicate how high you are willing to pay without any prompts or reminders.  i.e. if you buy more land and have already ticked a level that indicates you are willing to pay that much, you will get no 'higher tier' prompts when you purchase, even if the purchase throws you into the next tier level.  If the purchase throws you higher than your selected limit, then you get a box telling you your tier will go up and you must authorize the increase.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

From your land usage page...

You may remain at the higher tier level without penalty; tier fees are only charged for the total amount of land actually held within your billing cycle.) If you don't lower your tier and purchase more land, no warnings are sent, as you are still within the tier you allotted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.