Premium Membership Parcel?

L0LAM0NR03

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im Paying for the 29.99 Premium Membership. My Question is how do i get my parcel land? i know it comes with a SL home but is their a way to use our Land for our own home instead of the free SL Home? 

Up to 2,048 m²

of mainland for zero monthly land fees (approx. $13 cash value every month)

How do i go on about getting this mainland ? 

7 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, L0LAM0NR03 said:

Im Paying for the 29.99 Premium Membership. My Question is how do i get my parcel land? i know it comes with a SL home but is their a way to use our Land for our own home instead of the free SL Home? 

Up to 2,048 m²

of mainland for zero monthly land fees (approx. $13 cash value every month)

How do i go on about getting this mainland ? 

Your membership gives you 2048 sqm of TIER.  That can be used in various ways:

Get a 512 sqm or 1024 sqm Linden Home -- there are not any 2048 sqm plots yet -- and then use the rest for Mainland or donation to a group.  Linden Homes come with a house that does provide a few options within a theme, but you cannot put down your own home.

BUY up to 2048 sqm of Mainland.  You'll have to pay for the land and can then put any home you want on it.  As long as it isn't more than 2048 sqm, you will pay no monthly Tier fees.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L0LAM0NR03 said:

@LittleMe Jewell so still get a linden home and what not. 

but ill have to buy my own land of 2048sqm if i wanted to add my own home? correct 

Yes, you can get a Linden Home if you want.  Or if you prefer someplace where you can place your own house, you can buy Mainland.

Or, you could actually do both -- get a 512 or 1024 Linden Home (the campers & trailers are 512 sqm - the rest are 1024 sqm) - and then buy a small Mainland plot to put a house of your choosing on.  You get a total of 2048 sqm to use however you wish, so it can be split between a Linden Home and a Mainland parcel.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, deplove said:

Dear LittleMe so in order to get all 2048 sqm I have to give up my Linden Home and buy a place in Mainland, but do I have to buy from an owner or from Governor Linden ? and where can I buy ? Thank you 

Yes, if you want all 2048 in one parcel, you'll need to buy Mainland.

You can buy Abandoned Land directly from LL.  They sell it for 1L per sqm.  This article has specifics:  

Or you can search for Mainland to buy and purchase from other folks that are selling their land. You can search for land via the Search function inworld or open the map and have it show Land for sale or check the Land forums (https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/120-land-forum/) or the Auctions (https://places.secondlife.com/auctions#0).

Just make sure that you are purchasing Mainland and not anything on a private Region.  In the About Land window, on the General tab, the "Type" will say "Mainland/Full Region" and under the Covenant tab, it will show the Estate as mainland and there will not be any Covenant shown.

image.png.1ed367bd96819344ae2a890ecddd1952.png  image.png.48cc31b6fe16d85c7884509ef8c2fd1b.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

You have lots of options.

You can get a free Linden Home, either on a 512 or 1024 square meter parcel. Doing this will leave you 1024 to 1,536 square meters of your Premium allowance, so you can buy a second parcel of Mainland as well. That's what I did; I have a 1024 Linden Home and a second home on another 1024 parcel.

Or you can simply buy a larger parcel. If you create a group and then buy the land for the group, you can have about 10% more land due to a group bonus. So your 2048 allowance would allow you to own as much as 2,240 square meters if you hold the land through your group.

Buying a Mainland parcel does mean that you have to pay a one-time up front purchase price, but as long as you own less than 2048 square meters total*, you won't owe any monthly tier fees.

You can buy land from another resident. Find parcels for sale in the Land section of the forums here, on the Marketplace under "Real Estate", or by using Search and the World Map in world. The seller will set the price; just as in Real Life, desirable parcels like waterfront will have higher asking prices.

Besides buying from a resident, Linden Lab auctions off Mainland parcels. Check out the Auctions listings with the link under the Buy Land menu at the top of your Dashboard page. Plus, if you happen to find an Abandoned parcel that you like you can use LittleMe's suggestion and submit a ticket to LL asking them to sell it to you.

*Donations of tier to a group count against your allowance too. This is how you get the group bonus I mentioned. Donating 2048 sq. m. to a group allows the group to hold up to 2,240 sq. m.

• Like 1

thank you all, I found in the mainland list a nice little island in an archipelago with navigable sea northeast of Blake Sea , 2048 sqm 731 prims . I left Bellisseria after 6 years of beautiful Linden Home but was looking for a change. I am selling my previous land, waterfront 2048 sqm, with access to Blake sea, whoever is interested - sl name deplove resident - look in my profile 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.