Compliments to Development for Destination Guide Update

benchthis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm loving the look and feel of the newly updated second life destination guide. It's the most beautiful webpage I've ever seen. Very well done. 

Here's the link: Linden Destinations | Destinations (secondlife.com)

The only tiny little thing I'd recommend is to consider adding the Linden Destinations to the featured area at the top of the left category list. 

It's very pretty. Thank you for updating it. This is going to help so many people find their paths with ease. 

Annotation 2023-05-02 211415.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One other little tiny suggestion/request. Ivory Tower is not listed under education, please consider adding it to education. It's currently in the list with Second Life Origins. If it can't have multiple labels, would be nice to see it featured also. New users want to know what this place is about, i'd definitely feature it. 

Also please consider adding welcome back island to the linden destinations.

Edited by benchthis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see Paleoquest is listed under games, not seeing Horizons game listed? I kind of don't understand why the horizons game are located in this area and not around where paleoquest is located? Horizons game was so fun (I beat it on first attempt with .00 seconds remaining. It was so close the game glitched. Seemed like a normal game to me did not have any adult content, mostly survival and puzzles? Why on earth would it be located in the center of an adult continent? Little strange. Would that be considered a Linden Destination as well? 

Horizons

• Adult continent surrounding a 6 region experience released in 2016!
  • Rescue the kidnapped Tyrah and earn rewards in Horizons, an all-new five-stage adventure game in Second Life. Journey across desert canyons and dangerous minefields before battling killer robots in a forest of exploding trees. Destroy the robotic swamp monster and arrive at the command center to complete your quest.
  • Visit: http://secondlife.com/destination/horizons

Annotation 2023-05-02 220220.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Categories are kind of quirky the top level of the category does not show all in each category. I had to manually search for paleoquest to figure out even though it was not under the top level of games it was in the general game as sub category? 

I would think if I clicked the top level of the category I would see all in that category? 

I found the horizons game in the destination guide. I had to enable Adult content in search. It was in the sub general games section. Oddly, even though I enabled G M and A when I click a category the A content goes away and only G & M results show until manually click A again?

2.png

1.png

• Like 1

@benchthis, thank you for pointing out what appear to be "bugs" in the Destination Guide ratings or search.

On the other hand, anyone who WANTS to find mature or adult content, should be able to do so if they want, from Social Island (via "Adult Portal" or any other method).

If Horizons is an "Adult Continent", and has "games", then users with a "G" content setting should not be able to access that "Adult" continent - even if it appears to you that the "game" should not be rated "Adult".

Moving a Horizons Game to a "non Adult Continent" would completely ignore the fact that Horizons is apparently Adult.  

So, except for your "search bugs" in Destinations, I agree with Rowan - you appear to be searching for issues and requesting fixes for problems that do not actually exist.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

@benchthis, thank you for pointing out what appear to be "bugs" in the Destination Guide ratings or search.

On the other hand, anyone who WANTS to find mature or adult content, should be able to do so if they want, from Social Island (via "Adult Portal" or any other method).

If Horizons is an "Adult Continent", and has "games", then users with a "G" content setting should not be able to access that "Adult" continent - even if it appears to you that the "game" should not be rated "Adult".

Moving a Horizons Game to a "non Adult Continent" would completely ignore the fact that Horizons is apparently Adult.  

So, except for your "search bugs" in Destinations, I agree with Rowan - you appear to be searching for issues and requesting fixes for problems that do not actually exist.

Sometimes, the adults like to play games without the children around.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, benchthis said:

@Love Zhaoying  @Rowan Amore

Thanks for the input. 

If it horizons game can't be moved. Maybe a copy of it w G rating can be offered in the future. It is a fun and extremely challenging game, if you have not tried to save the princess yet, I would strongly suggest doing so before time runs out. 

or...leave it as it is?  There's already a G rated Linden game.  We need one for the grown ups.  

If you'll also notice, a lot of the fishing games, although not Linden games, are on Moderate regions as are many places accessible from the Portal Parks.  Again, you're looking for solutions to problems that do not exist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

or...leave it as it is?  There's already a G rated Linden game.  We need one for the grown ups.  

If you'll also notice, a lot of the fishing games, although not Linden games, are on Moderate regions as are many places accessible from the Portal Parks.  Again, you're looking for solutions to problems that do not exist.

Noting that, If we move all the "G" games to "G" areas, that would create an interesting situation. 

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Noting that, If we move all the "G" games to "G" areas, that would create an interesting situation. 

Maybe the kidnapping aspect of the Horizons' game pushes it more into an adult game?    The wiki does say the Experience has an adult rating so where else would it be placed?  Zindra?  At least in Horizons, it's a fairly nice area with little lag.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

NO MINORS ARE BEING TRAFFICKED TO ADULT REGIONS.  IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO MODERATE OR ADULT AREAS OF SL.  

"Making things up" makes things more interesting:

48 minutes ago, benchthis said:

It makes the chapter in my upcoming book #Downlift? The Rise and Fall of Second Life called Red Flag more interesting. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wot?!? TIL

It's actually pretty fun.  Read the wiki about it and visit sometime.  

This is a five-part series of quests, that take you through some of the most treacherous terrain in Second Life. Recover lost or stolen artifacts, battle an army of killer robots, and outwit the security defenses of an almost impregnable command center, all while dodging natural perils and fiendish traps.

Anyone may enjoy the Horizons Experience. You do not need to live in one of the Horizons residential regions. The Experience has an Adult rating, however, so you do need to have an Adult maturity rating.

In PaleoQuest, a valiant group of Second Life Residents assisted Magellan Linden in stopping Dr. Talpa from destroying the grid with his time portal experiments. Since then, all has been quiet, but we all know how idle claws are the devil’s workshop. Magellan started hearing disturbing reports that Dr. Talpa was able to obtain technology from the future through one of his portals before it was closed. More specifically, robotic technology...

Magellan asked Tyrah to infiltrate the mad scientist mole’s lair and discover just what evil technological abominations he was constructing. However, this being a LDPW experience backstory, it was not long before she was captured. She is now being held prisoner in his command center.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you've never visited the Horizons regions, grab a bicycle and stop by.  Lots of lovely parcels.  Most of the adult venues and such are in skyboxes which leaves the ground a rather lovely area to explore.  We have roads and sidewalks, too!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you've never visited the Horizons regions, grab a bicycle and stop by.  Lots of lovely parcels.  Most of the adult venues and such are in skyboxes which leaves the ground a rather lovely area to explore.  We have roads and sidewalks, too!  

I would have bought there, being 2X, but ended up elsewhere.

I wonder if the Destination Guide can be searched by 2X?

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

NO MINORS ARE BEING TRAFFICKED TO ADULT REGIONS.  IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO MODERATE OR ADULT AREAS OF SL.  

This looks like a very specific optimized traffic map to me. 

Edited by Dyna Mole
Redacted to remove image
  • Haha 1

Did you not read what I wrote?  Regardless of whether there are Moderate or Adult destinations accessible from any portal, only ADULTS can enter those.  You really need to get a grasp on that fact.  If you are not an adult, you can't access ANY  moderate or adult regions anywhere in SL.  

Edited by Dyna Mole
Redacted to remove image
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's actually pretty fun.  Read the wiki about it and visit sometime.  

This is a five-part series of quests, that take you through some of the most treacherous terrain in Second Life. Recover lost or stolen artifacts, battle an army of killer robots, and outwit the security defenses of an almost impregnable command center, all while dodging natural perils and fiendish traps.

Anyone may enjoy the Horizons Experience. You do not need to live in one of the Horizons residential regions. The Experience has an Adult rating, however, so you do need to have an Adult maturity rating.

In PaleoQuest, a valiant group of Second Life Residents assisted Magellan Linden in stopping Dr. Talpa from destroying the grid with his time portal experiments. Since then, all has been quiet, but we all know how idle claws are the devil’s workshop. Magellan started hearing disturbing reports that Dr. Talpa was able to obtain technology from the future through one of his portals before it was closed. More specifically, robotic technology...

Magellan asked Tyrah to infiltrate the mad scientist mole’s lair and discover just what evil technological abominations he was constructing. However, this being a LDPW experience backstory, it was not long before she was captured. She is now being held prisoner in his command center.

Of course I read what you wrote and I respect and appreciate every word. Underage minors can start the quest in PaleoQuest but then they have to wait until they become an adult to save the princess In Horizons. 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, benchthis said:

Of course I read what you wrote and I respect and appreciate every word. Underage minors can start the quest in PaleoQuest but then they have to wait until they become an adult to save the princess In Horizons. 

BTW, both Linden games require Payment Info on File and Used in order to receive any Ls.  Guess that would prevent minors from enjoying the benefits of the General region game.  Or perhaps LL is enticing minors to steal their parent's credit cards as well?

As soon as you enter the Horizons Portal to play Paleo Quest from Portal Park, you are in Adult land.  They can't START the quest from the portal area.

Edited by Rowan Amore

@benchthisYou do realize this is a resident to resident forum right. If you really have an issue with this (and your other thread about ratings) then submit a support ticket or a JIRA. Your paranoid posts about children being able to access x-rated content or participate in activities you deem unacceptable will most likely fall on deaf ears in the forum.  Your constant use of "underage minors" that need to be protected is something that LL is responsible for. If they aren't concerned about it then neither should you be concerned.  They do have a staff of lawyers that make sure what they are doing falls within the laws.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.