Can anybody explain? (Weirdly high vertice count)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was called in to help somebody with reducing the LI for a model they had uploaded and I noticed something rather strange. The model was made from 38 meshes and had a total of 874 tris and 3 096 vertices. How is that possible? Even if there wasn't a single shared vertice among the tris and every mesh had a loose vertice, that still doesn't add up to more than 2 660.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I was called in to help somebody with reducing the LI for a model they had uploaded and I noticed something rather strange. The model was made from 38 meshes and had a total of 874 tris and 3 096 vertices. How is that possible? Even if there wasn't a single shared vertice among the tris and every mesh had a loose vertice, that still doesn't add up to more than 2 660.

As is often said, "LL is bad at maths"..?  Sounds like a joke, but is serious.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Also, probably useless to ask considering the trend, what software was used? It may well be an issue from softwares that use nodal history-like structures

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.