Firestorm Community Viewer Survey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Thank you for the screenshot, Peewee. The cam controls do look acceptable - in spite of the extra buttons above them, whatever they are. I suspect they are extra cam controls that have always existed but I've never used, so they'll do
:)

The extra buttons are actually part of V2 that were worth keeping.:)

The camera icon on the right has Object View and Mouselook on it - Object view is basically alt-cam with alt locked on so you don`t have to keep the key pressed.

The eyeball icon on the left moves your camera to different views of your avatar - Front, side or back (normal).

The centre one is the usual controls that you see in the pic.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with anything else, it is a matter of personal preference and time invested in learning how to operate.  As one who has used Phoenix since it's inception, I really appreciate the efforts of that team in creating the current beta Firestorm.  It is much MUCH better than my limited experiences with the standard LL v2.0.  I really tried to use that viewer but never, ever fully rezzed.

Read the information the Firestorm team has put out on their website to get you up and running.  Their inworld support team is awesome.

There are other TPVs out there as Dres notes. Try one or more of them.  Good luck!

Arrehn Oberlander wrote:

You can use the preferences to easily change this behavior to one you would prefer:

Preference: Chat:  Pressing letters keys:  () Starts local chat  (*) affects movement

Firestorm has many, many more preferences and customization available than V2, allowing you to tune it to the style of viewer you best prefer.

Thanks,

-A

Thank you, I knew there was a setting for that... I just couldn't, for the life of me, remember what it was, since I never mess with it.

...Dres

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the forum, Topix.

Are you talking about timestamps when you're reading IMs in your viewer, or when you're looking at then in your saved chat logs?  I don't think you can get rid of them in your logs but in your viewer, I have no idea.

Do you have "Remove chat headers (revert to V1 style)" checked in your chat preferences?  If so, you may want to uncheck it... it takes a little getting used to but, I find it looks a lot cleaner and easier to read once you do.

Other than that, you might want to ask in the Phoenix/Firestorm Viewer Support group (link)... they may be able to suggest something of which I'm unaware.

...Dres

Topix Darkfury wrote:

They need to have an option to get rid of timestamps in IMs. I can't stand timestamps.

There is an option on Firesorm mesh Beta3 to remove timestamps from local chat, but I doubt many people would want them removed from IMs.  How would I know how long people have been ignored if I couldn`t see when they IMd me? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.