Auction Question

ShaniaMorgan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new to sl and I am confused. I have a premium account and thinking about doing the auction to buy land, but l’m nervous. I have looked everywhere for this answer and can’t seem to find a simple right answer. So say you see land in auction you like and you bid on it and win it. Is there a prim allowance or can you simply add all you want and LL or the owner charge you for the amount.? And is that piece of land solely yours to do whatever you like?

I hope I am in the right place to put this

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ShaniaMorgan said:

I am new to sl and I am confused. I have a premium account and thinking about doing the auction to buy land, but l’m nervous. I have looked everywhere for this answer and can’t seem to find a simple right answer. So say you see land in auction you like and you bid on it and win it. Is there a prim allowance or can you simply add all you want and LL or the owner charge you for the amount.? And is that piece of land solely yours to do whatever you like?

I hope I am in the right place to put this

Prim allowance (land impact) is solely dependent on parcel size.  The only way to have more prims on a specific parcel is if you own another parcel in the same region and then the total can be divided between the two.parcels even if they aren't right next to each other.

Here's a chart that tells you how many prims per parcel size.  Parcels between amounts will have prim allowances somewhere between the 2 prim amounts.

If you're just looking to use your free 1024 land allowance, your prim count will be 351.

https://secondlife.com/land/pricing

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

The other way to find land to buy (specifically 1024 parcels) is to open your Map window in world. Mainland parcels for sale are shown as yellow areas with a price tag icon on them that you can click on to see the price the owner has set to sell it for. Depending on the location, you might pick up a 1024 spot for 1000L, or in prime locations far far more than that.

Then, you can click on the map and teleport to that parcel to get a good look around. Some may look attractive on the map, but when you go there it's a mess of garish buildings and landscaping all around, or the terrain is steep, etc. If it's near large bodies of open water and seems to have access, check thoroughly for ban lines that would block you from getting to the open water if you wanted to sail.

As @Rowan Amore pointed out, 1024 comes with 351 prims/land impact for you to use. Houses can be 6 or 160, depending on the builder, but 351 is more than enough to get you a nice house set up, furnished, some landscaping etc easily if you buy smart.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3

You're welcome, happy to say hello in world if you see me. If you just want a nicely decorated little island home to crash on for a bit while settling into SL (with house and furnished if you like) let me know. I have spare land I'm selling next to my large parcel, but it's not moving so could set something up on a temporary basis, gratis.

• Like 2

Not promoting anyone specific, but also you can find 1024 for sale in the forums ... like this one for example ...

The nicest ads wil have the price, maturity rating, and a link to TP to them.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/286-mainland/

Make sure it's Mainland parcels or you're not buying, you're only renting.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

The other way to find land to buy (specifically 1024 parcels) is to open your Map window in world. Mainland parcels for sale are shown as yellow areas with a price tag icon on them

I'd also recommend that over auctions, specifically for smallish parcels, and have found and bought really nice ones like that.

Currently, I have a 1024 ocean front. Some years ago, I even found a super nice region corner lot. I paid a pretty crazy price for it, though, and didn't even keep it for long, as I had a longer SL break, so, in hindsight, I shouldn't have bought it.

But my current one was very affordable, so don't be put off searching via map too quickly if you only see high prices, some areas are more expensive than others for different reasons, for example, the "historic sims", and there are also a few places with double the prim amount, those are expensive too, obviously.

Welcome Shania, and don't feel you need to rush, look around until you find something you really like, and have fun with styling your land! :)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.