I'm new and I would like to know how can I make friends ab=nd also how can I change my appearance..?

carirubi21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You have an Inventory with folders, look through the folders to see what is there or go shopping for something different. Most Residents work with what they have to start. 

You can click on almost everything including yourself. Some links that explain

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Editing-your-appearance/ta-p/700709

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Shopping-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700195

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Navigating-the-world/ta-p/700123

How to make friends... hmm. How much money do you have? Just kidding.

Part of a real experience includes meeting all types of Residents; wouldn't it? Some good some bad, some nice some not so nice. To make friends look for the green dots on the map and go there, be yourself, well...  your 2nd self.

• Like 2

Hello, carirubi21, welcome to Second Life and to Second Life Answers.

Have you yet logged into the Second Life world itself? It sounds as if you have not, because there is a basic tutorial when you first login to Second Life, that shows you how to walk, fly, make friends, and explore.

For everything else as you need to learn new information, there are plenty of people to help you out. You can join groups inworld, and friends all help each other, always you are welcome to ask as many question as you have on these forums. And there are some superb video tutorials available on the Knowledge Base http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Video-Tutorials/ta-p/776295

Have lots of fun. There is much to learn and be involved in. Something for everyone. Take your time and enjoy! :matte-motes-smile:

The viewer (software you use to see Second Life) has two modes; Basic and Advanced. In Basic you can select from a group of prebuilt avatars. To have a personalized avatar you need to change to Advanced mode. Once in Advanced you will have access to an inventory. You can find the prebuilt avatars in the Library section of Inventory. Now you can mix an match parts of the avatar.

There are numerous places in SL where there are good freebies. Use Search to find Free Dove. They have good stuff. There are male and female skins, hair and clothes. There are other good freebie stores.

For new people there are 30 day deals. If you are less than 30 days old, some businesses will give you a starter gift worth hundreds of Lindens (L$). I got my first nice hair do that way.

To find people to meet... open your sidebar using the HOME tab. They have a thing to get you to chat friendly places. Also the destinations part will take you to neat places. Because the places are listed on destinations many people are going there. So, you will likely meet people there. Be friendly say Hi.

Be warned the women here have heard all the bad pickup lines...

Also open Search and look for Events. Events will be loaded with people. You will notice Destinations appear in Search too.

Others here have provided you links on getting started and editing your avatar but on making friends.

Look in search on the events tab for social activities and then also in the education tab for free classes.  Attending events will give you an opportunity to meet others

Suggest not trying to meet people randomly at stores or other non social occasions and do not send out random friend invites.  Friend invites should be sent to those you have spoken with and who have agreed to be friends with you.

Place that you might also find those new comer friendly are:

• Help Island
  • Oxbridge
  • NCI locations - there used to be several

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.