Alpha Mode bug?

Arduenn Schwartzman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Some plants and trees seem to change their set alpha mode from either Blending or Alpha Mask to None, all by themselves, randomly.

image.thumb.jpeg.d3a75ee235bddacbed9e0f52a8ef59e1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ede45fb9836b8d93a95717900fdd193c.jpeg

It has only happened on two neigboring regions, which are surrounded by others (all same sim version). On all the other regions, the plants and trees (same ones) are fine.

I have seen this happened about half a year ago too, but not this severely. It also seems to be plants and trees of just one owner.

Is anyone familiar with this phenomenon? Should I just file a JIRA report?

Thanks, Candide and Qie.

It's happening again, on another region, 4 days later. I've seen this happen in a year's time-span now, very sporadically at first, but now three times within a week in different regions with seemingly unrelated objects. As co-owner of a 21-region rental estate, manually fixing these glitches is becoming quite laborious. Here's an (unlisted) video of the affected region:

This JIRA by @Whirly Fizzle seems pretty relevant. Oddly enough, it's labled 'needs more info'. From a symptoms perspective, I don't know how much more info it needs, since it's pretty in-your-face:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11333

Here's the old one from 2015 by Qie:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8715

I'm just wondering how often this occurs outside of my bubble, so I'm venturing a cross link in the General section of the forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.