Scripts Won't Load, Nothing Works

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

I've tried 3 different viewers including SL and still nothing changes, nothing loads in the chat window. I've tried to load several other HUDs and none of them are touchable. 

Since you have tried 3 different viewers that pretty much eliminates the viewers as as the problem. I suggest you update to FS latest (6.8.8) but I suspect that isn't going to fix the problem.

Caith makes a good suggestion. Login in a Script OK region. If your avatar is not the owner of a No-Script region you log into you'll have this kind of problem.

If the region change at login does not help then it is time to start looking at the laptop. I would start with making sure the video drivers are up to date. I'm a bit behind in my updates and I notice you (OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 417.88 ) are even farther behind.

I suggest you bump the Max Bandwidth to the recommended 1500. And that is also unlikely to fix the problem.

You are on Win11 so you should be good. But, run a check. Open a Command Window (type CMD in Taskbar search and run as Admin) and run SFC /scannow. If any of the Windows files are damaged this will repair them or reveal any serious problem, which moves you to into needing more serious repair which we can deal with if needed. Restart after running SFC.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You are on Win11 so you should be good. But, run a check. Open a Command Window (type CMD in Taskbar search and run as Admin) and run SFC /scannow. If any of the Windows files are damaged this will repair them or reveal any serious problem, which moves you to into needing more serious repair which we can deal with if needed. Restart after running SFC

Although this could be good advice in the right context, this doesn't really apply here. Scripts run server side, not client side. This is why LL restarts regions when everyone is all up in arms when there is lag or scripts not working correctly. they are not asking for you to restart your computer. ;)

But OP, What Nalates suggest won't hurt, even if it just acts as a health checkup for your computer.

4 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

I went to have a quick look at your home location (link to that is in the specs you shared) and as i suspected, that parcel has scripts disabled. That's why nothing is loading.

I think this is it, and I suspect the land settings were actually changed to disable scripts for Everybody in this and some (but not all) neighboring regions, probably in response to some griefer debris. This location is actually a vacant Linden home, so the land is owned by Governor Linden, but even the surrounding protected land has scripts disabled for Everybody.

I'm a little confused now why this applies to already attached scripts that have taken controls, but I've just forgotten those details. If you fly up to 135m or so, the HUDs all burst into life again.

[Hmm. Apparently my own scripts which do take controls are working as expected even on no-script land. And apparently my Belleza and LeLutka HUDs don't take controls? Huh. Also, a *bunch* of the Linden Homes regions around here—but not all of them—have scripts disabled on Protected Land. That's sure not how Bellisseria works, nor typical Mainland protected land.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping.  I wanted to post a while ago but RL got the best of me.  My avi is all better now and it's all thanks to the wonderful people of this community *hugs everyone*

No more squatting in empty Linden Homes, ok? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.