Hiring meshers to create a partnership in opening a furniture store

ghostmail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

You're going to pay meshers high dollar just to do retail?

How do expect to turn a profit?

Why wouldn't said meshers just sell their own created furniture them self?

Not all mesh designers charge a hefty fee and will often work with stores with a commission as opposed to a hefty resell license. 

On 2/10/2023 at 4:38 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

I don't see that with furniture, though.

I've seen it. I have a friend working for a major furniture store, charging 30% commission. Not everyone wants to run a store in SL and it is part of the reason why some people work as custom mesh builders, not retailers. And furniture makers need to provide animations, which requires either making them, or a very substantial investment of lindens. If you want to set yourself up as a seller of sex furniture in particular it will take a lot more than just the mesh.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 7:53 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

You're going to pay meshers high dollar just to do retail?

How do expect to turn a profit?

not every person who knows how to mesh wants to deal with all the burdens and annoying parts of owning their own store, i HATE when ppl say this, think before you speak please. Im saying this as a person who does custom mesh work AND owns a store, owning a store can be very stressful, theres much more to it than creating and simply setting the item for sale. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KawaiiDuirii said:

not every person who knows how to mesh wants to deal with all the burdens and annoying parts of owning their own store, i HATE when ppl say this, think before you speak please. Im saying this as a person who does custom mesh work AND owns a store, owning a store can be very stressful, theres much more to it than creating and simply setting the item for sale. 

To be fair, OP still hasn't replied. They mentioned in the title "opening a furniture store". It sounds like they're wanting to deal with everything that entails.

1 minute ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

To be fair, OP still hasn't replied. They mentioned in the title "opening a furniture store". It sounds like they're wanting to deal with everything that entails.

yes, the OP is willing to deal with those details, however the mesher that u said "should just open their own store" is who I was referring to

3 minutes ago, KawaiiDuirii said:

yes, the OP is willing to deal with those details, however the mesher that u said "should just open their own store" is who I was referring to

I said:

On 2/9/2023 at 6:53 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

I didn't demand they open their own store.

If a creator can find someone that will pay high dollar for designs alone, the more power to them.

I simply do not see that happening often with furniture, though.

I see it more with designers that are on retainer for more profitable work, such as with mesh head design.

I more often see creators having to deal with also running a store than operating on partnership alone.

I'm not saying it is impossible, though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.