Finger nail issue

traceykirkby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.

I have the slink hourglass redux body feet and hands.  Just recently have noticed an issue with my finger nails.  They look like they are badly fitted false ones and you can see the basic nails underneath.  They are not applier nails or BOM as I am using what came with the body and the feet and hands utility Hud to colour the nails.  

I have a pic of the nails taken in sl but no idea how to upload it to here from my PC?

I am well aware that if this is some sort of corruption in the hands then I'm stuffed as slink is no longer.  Can anyone help please?  Thanks😊

Addition to the above - Thanks to Rowan please find below a link to the pic of my finger nails - hopefully someone can help with this?

https://prnt.sc/WX3DNS8GDVRi

Edited by traceykirkby
addition of link

I don't use a slink body, but did the nails work right before?  If I put an older skin on my mesh body the fingers and toes never line up and it is white-ish in those area.  The nails definitely don't cover the areas the same on a system body as they do on mesh.  

I hope you figure out how to get a pic uploaded.

• Like 1

Hi.  Yes the nail worked fine before.

I have an alt with the same body and all the settings on the hands and feet hud are the same and the nails are fine with that avatar.

Can someone please explain how to upload pics on this thing?  I have tried lightshot from their website and the "insert image from URL" box does nothing, no upload despite this picture having a URL?

Thanks

2 hours ago, traceykirkby said:

Hi.  Yes the nail worked fine before.

I have an alt with the same body and all the settings on the hands and feet hud are the same and the nails are fine with that avatar.

Can someone please explain how to upload pics on this thing?  I have tried lightshot from their website and the "insert image from URL" box does nothing, no upload despite this picture having a URL?

Thanks

You're new to the forums so uploading pics is restricted.  Copy and paste the link into your post instead of Add Files

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, traceykirkby said:

Thanks Rowan I will do that and edit my original post😊

Have now edited my original post with a link

The issue is as @Cinnamon Mistwoodmentioned.  It's the nails painted on the skin you are using.  You can find a product at Izzie's to fix this.  Your toes probably look a bit off as well.  

Second Life Marketplace - Izzie's - BOM Hands & Feet Fix (for Izzie's skintones)

• Like 1

@traceykirkby With Slink you can turn nails on and off in the HUD. There are also Slink add-on nails. With both of those items turned off you can see nails that come from the skin or tattoos.

Slink has a tattoo that corrects old skin's fingers and toes. Older skins were made for the classic UV Map. Newer bodies with better fingers and toes look odd with the old skins. So, Slink included the tattoo in their package to correct the problem on their fingers and toes. It should cover up any nails painted into a skin.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.