Can i set my parcel to always mid-day?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The region allows me to change.  I did  get as far as getting a box to say 24 hour day, 0 hour night. I clicked on something and got from midnight but it went to sunrise/sunset.

What I need is for visitor's bodies to be fully lit, as for midday.

Thank you.

(I confess do not know what that one message means by key frame, time line, or what settings will be added.)

land.png

LL viewer:
menu- world- environment-my environments -open lirbrary,  click one you like  :) ( right click apply only to myself) everybody else can use a setting of their own, and can override the parcel environment settings.

firestorm
a) quick preferences .. sky/water sky settings.. 

or
b) as in LL viewer

So, if I left-click on, say, Dynamic Richness, everyone who comes to my parcel will have Dynamic Richness? Unless they opt out, but that's not my problem. I hadn't expected the computer to be that clever.

Thanks.

firestorm had an option to set the sky for 12pm. (I can't check it now, my land is on daylight anyway. But I will look.)

On 2/1/2023 at 1:42 PM, Rowan Amore said:

try Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim rather than Midday which is horrible.  CaWL is also another neutral well lit EEP.   

I think I did everything right, you can see my menu below shows me having 24 hour of daylight and no night. But nothing changed, I still get night, sunset, and sunrise. Of well. Mybe it's a computer thing. thanks again.

environmentmenu.jpg

21 minutes ago, Christina Halpin said:

I think I did everything right, you can see my menu below shows me having 24 hour of daylight and no night. But nothing changed, I still get night, sunset, and sunrise. Of well. Mybe it's a computer thing. thanks again.

did you even look at what, as i did, tell what path you need to follow? .. and not environment as you keep looking at?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Christina Halpin said:

environmentmenu.jpg

On the left hand side, day length is at 4.0.  Slide it to 24.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Juan Marques said:

did you even look at what, as i did, tell what path you need to follow? .. and not environment as you keep looking at?

Yes. I did exactly what you said, choose 24-hour day, and it magically appeared in my land settings. thanks, I never would have thought that would happen, and I think it was supposed to work. I asked once in the Firestorm group why it didn't work and they said maybe it was the Linden computers.

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Personally, as @Juan Marqueshas.mentioned, I just choose an EEP from inventory, right click and.then Apply To Parcel.

So you can get 24 hours of daylight? Did you use 24 hour day #4? Or something else

30 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

On the left hand side, day length is at 4.0.  Slide it to 24.

thanks. I will try this. I set Dy Offset to 0.0. Was that right? And maybe I want a really long day to avoid sunrise and sunset. Hmmm.

35 minutes ago, Christina Halpin said:

So you can get 24 hours of daylight? Did you use 24 hour day #4? Or something else

thanks. I will try this. I set Dy Offset to 0.0. Was that right? And maybe I want a really long day to avoid sunrise and sunset. Hmmm.

Simply put, don't use the Environment tab in about land.  You don't need any of that for what you want.  You want to see everyone fully lit.  The environment tab is for doing custom lighting.  You want one lighting all the time which is simple.

On 2/1/2023 at 11:49 AM, Christina Halpin said:

What I need is for visitor's bodies to be fully lit, as for midday.

In your inventory, find your Settings folder either in main inventory or Library.  Find CaWL or whichever one is bright enough for you, right click and Apply to Parcel.  Don't touch anything else as far as Environments. YOU will always see CaWL on your parcel.  Visitor will see it if they have their viewer set to shared environment.  Others may not if they have applied a setting to themselves.  All that you can control is what YOU see.

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Simply put, don't use the Environment tab in about land.  You don't need any of that for what you want.  You want to see everyone fully lit.  The environment tab is for doing custom lighting.  You want one lighting all the time which is simple.

In your inventory, find your Settings folder either in main inventory or Library.  Find CaWL or whichever one is bright enough for you, right click and Apply to Parcel.  Don't touch anything else as far as Environments. YOU will always see CaWL on your parcel.  Visitor will see it if they have their viewer set to shared environment.  Others may not if they have applied a setting to themselves.  All that you can control is what YOU see.

thanks! I want to try everything, but my Settings folder in Inventory is empty. Do I buy a CaWL? (Right, I am not worried about visitors who choose their own environment, and I want them to be able to apply night if they choose.)

1 minute ago, Christina Halpin said:

thanks! I want to try everything, but my Settings folder in Inventory is empty. Do I buy a CaWL? (Right, I am not worried about visitors who choose their own environment, and I want them to be able to apply night if they choose.)

Did you check you Library settings folder?  If nothing, these are free...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Firestorm-Default-Sky-Windlights-for-EEP/20088838

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.