How-to question about selling mainland

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I misunderstood a friend and thought she wanted a 6144 Parcel but wasn't available to come online and buy it. So I bought it for her on an alt, planning to transfer it to her when she was able to get online. But it turns out she did not want that parcel. So now I need to sell it before the 1 month of tier I paid to get it expires.

I figured the best way to do it might be to break it into smaller parcels since a lot of people want 1024 or 512 mainland parcels for their Premium or Plus accounts. So I turned it into five 1024 sqM parcels and two 512 sqM parcels.

Then I decided that new landowners might want some basic house and landscaping for their parcel. So I made a 1 room cottage house, a fence and some light landscaping that will transfer on sale to the new owner. It is kinda a cute little neighborhood actually atm... with abandoned land on two sides so so it is a nice looking area.

Now I need to get the word out that these for sale parcels come with a 1 room cottage and landscaping, and are less just under 2.0 L/sqM (e.g,. cheap).

I am not the real estate agent type and I dont plan to become one. I dont know how to go about promoting these parcels in a reasonable way.  I really need to sell these in the next 4 weeks.. what is the best way to go about letting potential buyers know that they are available and what features they have?

• Like 2

Mainland set for sale will automatically appear in the land search. I've never done more than change the title/description and set it for sale. Plus making sure the terraforming isn't too weird. Generally, I've not seen a demand for plots with landscaping on them. Most people just return/delete all that stuff as soon as they can, so it doesn't increase the land value.

The price you've set isn't cheap unless there's something special about the plot, so you may find you'll need to drop it. You'll hit a price point where the land will sell in a few hours, so you can dump it pretty fast if you're getting close to date and need it to sell to someone.

• Like 1

@Teresa Firelight, take some nice pictures and post about it in the 'For Sale' thread; at that price, it should be easy to sell. It my experience, with a nice landscaping and decent price, it takes just days, sometimes even less

You can also mention that you are willing to set different sizes for the parcels (maybe some people would want a 2048 for example....)

Edited by Elena Core

2 hours ago, Elena Core said:

@Teresa Firelight, take some nice pictures and post about about it in the 'For Sale' thread; at that price, it should be easy to sell. It my experience, with a nice landscaping and decent price, it takes just days, sometimes even less

You can also mention that you are willing to set different sizes for the parcels (maybe some people would want a 2048 for example....)

Thanks Elena :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.