how do I release my land?

ArianaMcFee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

You can't own land anywhere on the Mainland, including Bellisseria, unless you are a Premium member.  That's why you have to get rid of it. Follow Lil's advice if you have a Linden Home. If you own a parcel anywhere else in the Mainland, you could try selling it to another resident, or you could just abandon it, the same way you would abandon a Linden Home.

BTW, your Premium membership is prepaid and LL does not offer a refund. So, you will remain a Premium member until the end of the period that you have already paid for.  You'll keep getting your weekly stipend and you'll have access to Premium sandboxes and all categories of help for Support cases. The only thing you can't do while your downgrade is pending is own land on the Mainland. Therefore, if you have paid for, say, all the way until next August ... Don't abandon your parcel and downgrade until a week or so ahead of the renewal date.  That way you'll still have use of your house the whole time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ArianaMcFee said:

I am trying to downgrade from premium to basic and it keeps telling me that I can't unless I "drop" my land.  And I have no idea how, or what its talking about.  Can someone give me a hand? Thanks!

If you own a Linden Home, you need to Abandon it -- click the land title at the top to get the Land window and click Abandon.
 To get to your Linden Home, go to your Dashboard and then click the Linden Home link on the right side.

If you have donated Tier to a group, you need to take it back.  This page will show you if you donated Tier:  https://secondlife.com/my/account/groupland.php

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.