delet group

metaserafil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

That raises an interesting question for me. I know that a group must normally have a minimum of 2 people in it, including the creator, but can it get around that and continue to exist with only one person it in if it owns land?

Yes! That is why I worded my answer to the OP to include that possibility.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

That raises an interesting question for me. I know that a group must normally have a minimum of 2 people in it, including the creator, but can it get around that and continue to exist with only one person it in if it owns land?

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yes! That is why I worded my answer to the OP to include that possibility.

However, I think we have had posts here about groups disappearing that did own land but only had one person.  A Support tickets was required to get things fixes.  So while the group might not disappear as quickly as usual if there is only one person, I think it can still disappear.

Side note -- The "2 people" does not have to include the creator anymore.  The creator can make someone else Owner and then leave the group and the group will stay as long as there are 2 people in it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So while the group might not disappear as quickly as usual if there is only one person, I think it can still disappear.

I don't recall seeing such posts, but my forgettery is much more reliable than my memory these days.

Could we maybe have a Linden comment on this? Paging @Strawberry Linden? Clear-up on Aisle Twelve!

21 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I don't recall seeing such posts, but my forgettery is much more reliable than my memory these days.

Could we maybe have a Linden comment on this? Paging @Strawberry Linden? Clear-up on Aisle Twelve!

And totally possible that my memory is faulty.  Not to mention that often when folks come here to complain of a problem, we ultimately find that the situation is not quite as they originally described.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.