Any workarounds for the character limit in llHTTPRequest custom headers?

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Problem:  I'm trying to communicate from inside SL with a third-party service.   To do this, first I need to submit my credentials to the external server, using llHTTPRequest, which responds by sending me a token, which I need to include in the headers of subsequent llHTTPRequests to get the service to do anything for me.

I can submit my credentials and receive the token without any difficulty, but the token is 696 characters long and, in the words of the wiki "Up to 8 custom headers may be configured per request, and each header's combined name+value length must be no greater than 253 characters."

Is there any workaround for this?

The only thing I can think of is creating a proxy-style site that sits between SL and the service that you wish to access and takes requests from SL and turns them into requests to the service you want to access and returns the response data to SL.  It would provide a much simpler API to SL and would store the token to use for accessing the third-party server.

SL <-> PROXY <-> THIRD PARTY

Not simple and very much overkill for less than a KB's worth of header data though but limits sometimes make things like this necessary.

I hope you get a better answer than this but I noticed there have been no answers yet.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.