internal facial animations translator to bento animations via ZHAO-II?

auntiemisha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone converted/extended ZHAO-II scripts to be an internal facial animations translator to bento facial animations? Is it worthwhile to try?

The bento facial expressions that work with my RuthTOO head look really bad with my Lelutka head. I haven't checked the CATWA head yet.

I have a homemade script that does translations but I am at the point where I am switching between heads and I didn't script loading different configs.  I could do it but I would rather go on more Halloween hunts. The notecard is a similar format to ZHAO-II, for example:

[express_cry_emote]H0013_SAD

I can make a second translator just for Lelutka, just curious if converting the ZHAO-II script in some way would make sense in the long term.  The answer might be no.

I might just take the ZHAO-II load notecard part out but that would have to wait until I've had my Halloween hunts and shopping.  Priorities!

This forced me to resurface a ZHAO-II AO I haven't used in years, to try to jog my memory. I see the notecards contain lines such as:

[ Standing ]stand_1,express_smile|stand_2,express_smile

so that's how the facial expressions get into the act. But I'm puzzled by this script that does something with:

because as far as I know, the [express_cry_emote] condition would only be detectible using llGetAnimationList() which is horrifically expensive compared to llGetAnimation() that AO scripts use to trigger on basic anim state such as [ Standing ]. (Of course all this is arguably obsolete anyway, replaced by llSetAnimationOverride() for all but the most special cases.)

One question: what happens if you just replace the built-in expression names in the anim state triggers with the head anim names, a la

[ Standing ]stand_1,H0013_SAD|stand_2,H0013_SAD

or are those after-comma names necessarily built-in expressions? (this is obviously knowable, but I'm lazy)

[ETA: Oh, I just had a horrid thought: Maybe the objective is a script that uses llGetAnimationList() to override the facial expressions pushed by old timey furniture, such as those that still use the obsolete [AV]faces plugin. I kinda see the use for such a thing, but my gosh it's ugly.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

This forced me to resurface a ZHAO-II AO I haven't used in years, to try to jog my memory. I see the notecards contain lines such as:

[ Standing ]stand_1,express_smile|stand_2,express_smile

so that's how the facial expressions get into the act. But I'm puzzled by this script that does something with:

because as far as I know, the [express_cry_emote] condition would only be detectible using llGetAnimationList() which is horrifically expensive compared to llGetAnimation() that AO scripts use to trigger on basic anim state such as [ Standing ]. (Of course all this is arguably obsolete anyway, replaced by llSetAnimationOverride() for all but the most special cases.)

One question: what happens if you just replace the built-in expression names in the anim state triggers with the head anim names, a la

[ Standing ]stand_1,H0013_SAD|stand_2,H0013_SAD

or are those after-comma names necessarily built-in expressions? (this is obviously knowable, but I'm lazy)

[ETA: Oh, I just had a horrid thought: Maybe the objective is a script that uses llGetAnimationList() to override the facial expressions pushed by old timey furniture, such as those that still use the obsolete [AV]faces plugin. I kinda see the use for such a thing, but my gosh it's ugly.]

I mostly use it with a smiler, a "mood detector" that does expression emotes based on what I chat, a system emote HUD, and yes, on occasion, old timey furniture. 

and yes, I use llGetAnimationList. llSetAnimationOverride doesn't do expression translations.

The config notecard is similar to the ZHAO because it's simple, not because it actually works for anything with ZHAO.

It seems like you would have no use for such a script and that's OK.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am curious how you were going to trigger the facial animations?

In my very very old ZHAO-II experience, it was just used for replacing the walk/stand/sit/jump/fly etc., as there no built in "state" associated with the legacy facial animations.

I already have a script.  It is not ZHAO-II, it is a separate script.

It seems likely that no one has modified the ZHAO-II scripts for facial animations so I'll likely just script choosing which notecard to load and have the menu come up on a "touch".  So I'll finish up the month of Halloween haunted houses and hunts, and come back to this later.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.