Why am I being nearly forced to upgrade to the latest viewer with numerous nagging reminders?

Faubio Alter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to choose the version of the viewer I use. The last two SL viewers produced numerous problems for me, serious ones, system hangs and crashes. I would have liked to have rolled back to a previous viewer till the problem was fixed.

To my knowledge I am not about to be banned and frankly to say so is rude, Peewee.

"It sounds like whatever viewer you are using is also coming close to being blocked and you are being "nagged" to upgrade before you can`t login on it at all."

I'm using the SL viewer 2

3 answers to this question

Eventually the viewers progress to include changes that are needed to run certain features & the older viewers cease to be supported. LL try not to force people to update too often, but there always comes a point where we have to.

You only need to look at the massive amount of people still using V1 viewers to see how resistant people are to change & it is getting close now to the point where everyone is going to have to switch to one of the v2 viewers. LL will eventually block V1 from working to force the last few diehards.

It sounds like whatever viewer you are using is also coming close to being blocked and you are being "nagged" to upgrade before you can`t login on it at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.