upgrade

anastiasiaCA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, anastiasiaCA said:

i get to this place when using that link in http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sagarc/176/176/0

Oh, I see the problem.  Your new home is a houseboat and the SLURL is landing you in the water next to it.  Try a slightly different spot >>> http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sagarc/175/194/22  .  That will land you on the pier, right next to the house itself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of the first things you will need to learn as a new member of SL is how to move around.  In this particular case, you can fly out of the water by tapping the HOME key on your keyboard and then gently using the PgUp key to lift yourself out of the water.  You'll see where you are, and you'll be able to move to a better spot with your keyboard's arrow keys.

It will also be very helpful to learn how to use your camera to look around and see what's nearby.  Here are a couple of good things to read:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, anastiasiaCA said:

can i change frome housboat to normal house

No.  On that parcel, you can only have a houseboat.  You can change houseboat models by clicking on the life preserver next to the front door (its House Controller).  But to get a different style of house ( a stilt home or a Victorian, for example)  you'd need to abandon that home and request a new one.

Take some time and read all about Linden Homes here:   https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Thanks 1

If you can open the front door (just click on it), it's probably your home..  To be sure, go inside and then open the WORLD menu at the top of your screen.  Click on the ABOUT LAND option (it might be called PARCEL DETAILS if you are not using the standard viewer).  The first (General) page of that new screen will tell you who the owner is.

• Thanks 1

Now, to set that place as your HOME location, open the World menu again and click the option to Set Home to Here.  The term "home" in this case does not imply ownership.  It is meant to define the default location that you can always teleport to quickly (or log in at) if you wish.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Thanks 1

You should have received an email that include the SLURL address to your new Linden Home.  If not, or if you have replaced it, you can find directions by going to your dashboard at secondlife.com and looking under the Land Manager menu, which looks like this:

eb42c1a067165aed2778327c03546626.png

Just click the Linden Home entry.  When you are in world, you can either type that information into the proper fields in your MAP view, or you can paste the SLURL into local chat for a clickable link that will teleport you there.  Once you are at your home, be sure to use the option in the World menu at the top of your screen to set HOME to that spot so you can return there easily in the future.

Hehe  ... what Rowan said ^^  ;)

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, anastiasiaCA said:

sorry bu tthat does not help me :)

OK, so tell us more about what the problem is.  Using the information that Rowan and I provided, you should have been able to got the SLURL to your home.  Couldn't you get it?  Or didn't it work when you got it?  Or is there some other problem that we are unaware of?

Many thanks, but i think i found it, a empty houseboat 

but cant se if i go tthe right place :)

and just aske dabout change because it might be easyer to me to find, bu tnow i stand in a empty houseboat and think it is my home, so how do i set that as home :)

Best regards and SO many thanks fo rthe help :)

You will start to have many questions about your new Linden Home.  I really do urge you to read that long article that I suggested a few minutes ago.  You can get an abbreviated set of instructions for your own particular house by clicking on the life preserver just outside the front door and looking for the option to get a notecard.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.