Shadow/shine issue.

bigmoe Whitfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working on something, but that something has hit a wall because of what I'm calling a bug.

Dani in a no lights condition using eep. WSHJCyk.png 

The prim that's infront of her is set to high shine and is using a brick bump map.  no shadow upon it at this side, it's all black.  

Now

Turning the camera to the other side, I get this

m27QdHe.png

No shine on the prim,  projector pushes through the shadow,  is this expected behavior?  if so,  what I wanted to do will not work :(

2 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

projector pushes through the shadow

Not sure I grasp the geometry of the scene here, but do you happen to have non-zero Ambiance set on that projector light?

EDIT: Wait: "no lights" all EEP? hmmm

Edited by Qie Niangao

Weird, this is what a shiny brick-bumpmaped prim under projector light looks like to me:

1620765303_ShinyShadow.thumb.png.49c4cf3990ffd51bf58c0a08232cc668.png

ETA: Be sure to turn shadows to "Sun/Moon + Projectors" in graphics preferences if you want to see projector shadows.

Edited by Quistess Alpha

16 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Weird, this is what a shiny brick-bumpmaped prim under projector light looks like to me:

(

ETA: Be sure to turn shadows to "Sun/Moon + Projectors" in graphics preferences if you want to see projector shadows.

I had everthing turned on and up fully.  I was planning on making another video, when I noticed the issue as I had planned on doing a fade in with my eep sky changer from pure black to a reflective brick surface, but it went weird. 

6 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

it went weird. 

I spent some time trying different guesses as to how the scene and lighting is arranged and what effect is the issue, and I just can't get it. Maybe everybody else understands, but trying to replicate it, I seem to need more information, such as

• a plan view of where the light is coming from, where the avatar is, and the cam POV where the problem occurs
  • confirmation that the only light in the scene is the EEP sun (not light projected from an object)
  • confirmation that "weird" is that the avatar shadow is appearing on the BACK (shadowed) side of the prim while the avatar is positioned in FRONT of the lit side of the prim.
  • and what about the prim specifically causes the problem? Is it the "shiny" applied to (which sides of) the prim? And "shiny" involves a specularmap (with what settings) or "Low"/"Medium"/"High" shininess without a texture?

It's not just that I can't replicate it; I can't figure out what I'm trying to replicate.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.