Partnering a banned resident

Your Batty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I am posting on behalf of my friend. She has been on Second Life for years and her boyfriend as well. She heard a rumour that if she partners a resident that is permabanned she is at risk of having her account compromised too. Is this true? She told me that her boyfriend has to make a new account every few days but she wanted to partner one of those accounts.

Disclaimer: I no way condone the act of abusing TOS. This is just a general question. 

• Confused 2

3 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Your Desire said:

She told me that her boyfriend has to make a new account every few days

Um.. no.  Her boyfriend is permabanned, so he is not allowed to make a new account.  If he does, it's a matter of time before he gets zapped again.  And once he's on LL's radar as a repeat offender, my guess is that he's on a watch list of some kind so they don't just wait for someone else to spot him. We can only guess what tools LL has for making that happen.

Now, will this affect your friend's account? Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it qualifies her for some sort of spot on a watch list too.

• Like 2

Your friend's friend is continuing to break the ToS by creating new accounts. So she can count on whichever account she partners to vanish very quickly.

She herself won't be banned, though, unless she breaks the Terms of Service.

I think that if she really wants to have a relationship with this person, they should get together on some other platform.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.