Animation - Pose - Override the overrider

Jazmina Voom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to upload an animation/pose that I have created in QAvimator. The purpose is to hold the arm in a certain position no matter what, overriding everything, even the AO. (I use the built-in AO in Firestorm). The problem is even when I upload it as priority 6, the AO walk will break the pose and the arm will swing according to the walking animation.

I have other poses that do this (hold the pose over the AO walks), and they have the time set to 0, whereas the ones I upload are 0.07 seconds, which I think is the minimum for an animation (2 frames). However, if this is indeed the solution, I don't seem to be able to do it in QAvimator. If I try to reduce the animation to 1 frame, I cannot move anything on the model.

Does someone know the answer to this?

2 answers to this question

There's only two things that decide which animation has control over the avatar:

1. Priority: Highest priority always plays.
  2. Age: When two animations have the same priority, the most recent one will play.

You can inspect animation priorities in the viewer via World > Animation Explorer, or Developer > Avatar > Animation Info.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

Thanks for your reply but it does not seem to be the case. When I run 2 different animations (at different times), both priority 6, one will continue to play over the AO and the other one will not. The part about the most recent animation taking priority makes sense, but why then does one work and the other does not? By the way, I am pretty sure all my walking animations are p4, which makes it more confusing to me still.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.