I just got a computer which is running on windows 7 (64bits) and SL wont load on it

Leilani Treves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I successfully downloading viewer 2 but everytime i try to launch SL it prompts me with the following message "Second Life is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do have the latest, try reinstalling them" I even tried phoenix and singularity all the same can someone please help

7 answers to this question

In order to determine if it is yor computer(graphics card) or second life please reply with the graphics card model number... If you don't know that and you bought the computer, lookup the model of the graphics card. (or what is the make and model)

Having win64 on a purchased computer means it is recent thus, should be able to run SL ( i have had SL running on a "budget" laptop running win7 so it should run...)

Download the appropriate updated driver setup package and either install on top of the old installation or uninstall first and then reinstall (some will tell you that you should uninstall first, but I've never had any issues installing right on top of the old).

If UNinstalling Nvidia drivers: "If your PC features other NVIDIA components, then Windows will list the other devices. Choose "Remove only the following" and then click "NVIDIA Display Driver" and finally click on the "Remove" button." ETA: Not sure about Radeon. Best to look on their support pages.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.