Sign in to follow this  
Leilani Treves

I just got a computer which is running on windows 7 (64bits) and SL wont load on it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

In addition to Griffin's very good question, what is your video card?  It just may be that your video card (good drivers or not) will not work with SL.

In order to determine if it is yor computer(graphics card) or second life please reply with the graphics card model number... If you don't know that and you bought the computer, lookup the model of the graphics card. (or what is the make and model)

Having win64 on a purchased computer means it is recent thus, should be able to run SL ( i have had SL running on a "budget" laptop running win7 so it should run...)

im having the same problem i HAVE A NEW HP PAVILLION 6 WITH RADEON GRAPHICS CARD APARENTLY VERY GOOD , IS THIS COMPATABLE WITH SL IF NOT HOW DO I GO ABOUT SORTING IT LOL

Download the appropriate updated driver setup package and either install on top of the old installation or uninstall first and then reinstall (some will tell you that you should uninstall first, but I've never had any issues installing right on top of the old).

If UNinstalling Nvidia drivers: "If your PC features other NVIDIA components, then Windows will list the other devices. Choose "Remove only the following" and then click "NVIDIA Display Driver" and finally click on the "Remove" button." ETA: Not sure about Radeon. Best to look on their support pages.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.