HOW DO I TURN OFF/STOP/DISABLE THE EDIT MODE POINTING ANIMATION?

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Pixels Sideways said:

Hiya!

Is there a way to turn off / stop / disable that annoying Nazi-esque salute looking arm pointing animation that is activated when you're in edit mode?

I use Firestorm but would hope this on/off switch would be universal to all viewers.

Thank you. 

under Move and View/View

Automatically pose avatar during (select one or more):

Build/Edit: When selected, the camera automatically moves to center on the object you're editing.

Appearance: (set by default) When selected, the camera automatically zooms in on your avatar when you enter Appearance mode. It also automatically focuses as you select different Body Parts and Clothes tabs. Deselect this to leave the camera where it is.

Add Additional Lighting: If enabled, when you go into Appearance, you will have extra lighting to iluminate your avatar. (This option is not available if the one above is disabled.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pixels Sideways said:

Hiya!

Is there a way to turn off / stop / disable that annoying Nazi-esque salute looking arm pointing animation that is activated when you're in edit mode?

I use Firestorm but would hope this on/off switch would be universal to all viewers.

Thank you. 

Nothing will be universal between all viewers as far as setting something in one and  it changing anything in another.. If you change settings in one, it won't change anything in any other viewer.. look at each one as different programs that get you into the same place..

Changing your graphics settings in firestorm won't change them in the official viewer or any other viewer.. Some don't have the same things as others, so you may not see a setting in one, while others have it..

I have build/edit unchecked. 

It does not disable the pointing arm in build-edit mode.  

As the pointing arm thing is a basic aspect of the viewers and the viewers are built and updated to the SL viewer, I would hope this fix would be implemented across all viewers but I'd be happy to see it go away on SL official and Firestorm.  

Pointing arm should be an option, not the default.

I'll put in a Jira for this - unless there's a debug command that can switch it off. 

Edited by Pixels Sideways

7 minutes ago, Pixels Sideways said:

I have build/edit unchecked. 

It does not disable the pointing arm in build-edit mode.  

As the pointing arm thing is a basic aspect of the viewers and the viewers are built and updated to the SL viewer, I would hope this fix would be implemented across all viewers but I'd be happy to see it go away on SL official and Firestorm.  

Pointing arm should be an option, not the default.

I'll put in a Jira for this - unless there's a debug command that can switch it off. 

Most people who use an AO don't have this issue AFAIK.

Or try under movement...

• Turn avatar towards a selected object: Disable this option if you do not wish your avatar to turn to an object when you select or edit it.

Not sure if it will work, but after checking or unchecking the box and then pressing ok to exit the preferences.. you may have to reset your Skele & animations..

It might not work , but it might be something that lingers like some animations do.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.